The age of the " rocketeers"

Apollo 18

speed kills but you get there faster
Ride
2016 R3R
Recently a thread has been going on average age of rocket owners. While I figured I would be in the bottom end of the scale I didn't know it would be so one sided. Even some of the guys I'm friends with riding sofas on wheels have told me it's an " old mans bike" lol givem a break their on Harleys🤭 I don't get it its 2300ccs of madness sexy and comfortable enough to wait 30 min for ur dumb *** friends on the HDs to catch up. So..... here's the question, why is it why do all of you young rocketeers believe this machine isn't more popular with the quote un quote younger demographic. I'd love to hear your opinion s
active-old-man-flying-rocket-starry-sky-vector-101042622.jpg

Last edited:
I have wondered the same thing. I did not find the Rocket till a few years ago and now I’m 61 years old so I guess I’m the typical old man on a a Rocket..

So why? When I saw the Roadster for the first time I thought it was a bit bulky and frankly ugly. After I rode it I fell in love with the torque and trade my hoped up Harley. It was my fast bike.:roll:

So I think the reason is this. After years of owning different bikes a guy just looks for the more unique. A real big boy bike that says I’ve done all that other stuff and have found the top of the cruiser heap. For those that have gone the sport bike route have raced enough and lived on the edge long enough to realize that this could get me into trouble. As we age we desire a bit more comfort but don’t want to ride a weak bike.

It takes a while for guys to appreciate a Rocket. Still fast, very comfortable and in no way sacrificing the big power. It’s not a guys first bike for sure.

I have wondered the same thing. I did not find the Rocket till a few years ago and now I’m 61 years old so I guess I’m the typical old man on a a Rocket..

So why? When I saw the Roadster for the first time I thought it was a bit bulky and frankly ugly. After I rode it I fell in love with the torque and trade my hoped up Harley. It was my fast bike.:roll:

So I think the reason is this. After years of owning different bikes a guy just looks for the more unique. A real big boy bike that says I’ve done all that other stuff and have found the top of the cruiser heap. For those that have gone the sport bike route have raced enough and lived on the edge long enough to realize that this could get me into trouble. As we age we desire a bit more comfort but don’t want to ride a weak bike.

It takes a while for guys to appreciate a Rocket. Still fast, very comfortable and in no way sacrificing the big power. It’s not a guys first bike for sure.
Perfect I hate that " should've done this years ago" feeling

My wife thinks the Gen 1 Rockets are ugly. I thought so at first but the power sold the bike for me. I’ve since grown to appreciate the massive statement that they are. The new generation Rockets are much nicer looking and I think they will appeal better to the under forty group. I think that was done by design by Triumph. It just looks like a younger mans machine.

I’m anxious to hear the opinions from the real old curmudgeons.🤣

My wife thinks the Gen 1 Rockets are ugly. I thought so at first but the power sold the bike for me. I’ve since grown to appreciate the massive statement that they are. The new generation Rockets are much nicer looking and I think they will appeal better to the under forty group. I think that was done by design by Triumph. It just looks like a younger mans machine.

I’m anxious to hear the opinions from the real old curmudgeons.🤣
I get that triumph is going after the diavel and maybe more appealing to the under 40.... but..... no offense to our 2.5 brothers it looks to generic/ commercialized to me that's what I like about the rocket u see one and u know it it stands alone

My 2 cents. The younger generation looks at the 'older Rockets' and thinks it looks too much like a Harley. It's a cruiser that only goes in a straight line (sheer ignorance but hey, they're young and dumb'. As Dr. D stated they are more into the sports bike riding because that's the category they feel they should be in. Now the new Rockets come along and they don't know what to do so a few will give it a try and others won't because they want a bike that red lines at 10K. When you get a little older leaning over a tank for hours with your weight pushing down on your wrists stopped being fun around 30 years old. I believe the new generation Rockets will bring more young people to the table and then they will be tempted to try the 'older Rockets'. I have to say the new Rocket does feel faster over all but my 05 and 14 Rockets about pulled my arms off in 1-3rd gear so to me they are pretty equal other than the backroads then the new ones take over. You guys that can afford or have the new and old ones (Dr. D) are lucky SOB's.;):thumbsup:

Back