taming the 310 whp Supercharged Rocket 3 R

Im pretty sure @R-III-R Turbo can also explain how a supercharged rocket handles at the track, id think it tries to rip the rear tire off and take off like a plane

Afraid not dude, never been on a drag strip... all roll on road/street racing for me, and not exactly the organised type either lol.
Richard & warp are your guys for the strip.

Let’s hope so, but I wouldn’t put m

I hope so but i have history with Triumph ecu's, so I am slightly suspicious. I had a Street Triple 765RS which wouldnt go any faster than 150 uphill, down hill or on a flat. Racers were tuning them get more power via head work cams power commander, but not getting any faster top end. So i emailed Triumph, and they confirmed they are restricted to 150mph. Once i posted this it raised a few eye brows.. No one (ie salesman) told me when i bought it grrr.... You wont find this in Triumphs sales broucher!

I think the R3 Ecu is more than capable of determining acceleration speeds and reducing power given, that it can currently control lean angle power, traction control power, wheelie etc via timing and throttle.

I would have thought (although to be honest my experience with 1/4 mile is somewhat limited) that a bike with more than twice the power of a stock bike would or should accelerate faster than 0.1 secs over a 1/4 mile and more than 15mph in speed over the line?

Are there Evil forces at work here....

Just putting it out there!
The bike is speed limited and shuts the throttle down to around 60% at 138mph, I've already informed the forum members of this a while back.. I'm doing a 127 mph at the 1000 ft mark, this is faster than the stock bike at 1320 feet. maybe that puts it more in prospective. Also the 10.56 time was done by a professional racer weighting much less than me and with more talent (maybe:) ) The bike set up right will do mid 9's so that's at least a second faster than the average guy will do on a stock R3.

Ok, so a well setup bike (with TTS Supercharger kit) and a decent ride gives mid 9's, i can put my anti motorcycle paranoia to bed then! Thanks for helping me sleep at night:) .....i really was losing over sleep over the state/eurosceptics nannying thing, i love motorcyling that much:) I have also heard that Germany is planning on banning motorcycles on sundays now!...

Ok, so a well setup bike (with TTS Supercharger kit) and a decent ride gives mid 9's, i can put my anti motorcycle paranoia to bed then! Thanks for helping me sleep at night:) .....i really was losing over sleep over the state/eurosceptics nannying thing, i love motorcyling that much:) I have also heard that Germany is planning on banning motorcycles on sundays now!...
Then mondays, tuesdays, Wednesdays, thursdays, and fridays, gonna leave Saturday on the table just so no one complains.

Nope, the discussion is to ban the motorcycles on the weekends as well on all holidays.

Nope, the discussion is to ban the motorcycles on the weekends as well on all holidays.

So paid vacation for motorcyclists on regular weekdays when everyone else is at work, I presume? :coffee:

If so, I'd be for it. Unless you're riding great roads that are somehow almost universally unknown, while I hate government nannies with a passion, I'd almost be willing to make that trade. Here in the States, sunny weekends, Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day are flat-out horrendous times to ride, unless you like putt-putt around at a top speed of around 40 mph.

You are having nice dreams😁. No, what they imagine is that people like us pay horrendous amounts in taxes for just owning the cars/motorcycles and then keep them away from the roads paved and kept up also with our money.
Holidays mean crowded traffic sure but also an opportunity for groups to meet and I'm not sure that motorcycle groups are really well received/seen, no matter where we live.

Back