taming the 310 whp Supercharged Rocket 3 R

Unfortunately he was unsure of the way and I had 7 video's mostly showing the video on its side, I'm trying to work out how to correct that?
Ok so I am sat on a beach with dog and I have a worrying theory.... now we know vehicle ecu’s can detect when they are on a dyno because of the vw scandal. So is it possible that the rocket 3 with its imu which can detect rates of acceleration is limiting how fast the r3 can accelerate? If true would render hp increases useless. I hope I am wrong but I think it is possible. Maybe datalogging a drag run with before and after would a verdict on this....

Ok so I am sat on a beach with dog and I have a worrying theory.... now we know vehicle ecu’s can detect when they are on a dyno because of the vw scandal. So is it possible that the rocket 3 with its imu which can detect rates of acceleration is limiting how fast the r3 can accelerate? If true would render hp increases useless. I hope I am wrong but I think it is possible. Maybe datalogging a drag run with before and after would a verdict on this....
Well i'm running 15mph faster over the finish line than a stock bike so I doubt their ecu is that clever.

Well i'm running 15mph faster over the finish line than a stock bike so I doubt their ecu is that clever.

True. Also to reduce the power from a supercharged bike the computer would have to greatly retard timing, adjust fuel injector cycle or engage the braking system (anti-lock). Or a combination of them. I would think that would show up on a data log.

Let’s hope so, but I wouldn’t put m
True. Also to reduce the power from a supercharged bike the computer would have to greatly retard timing, adjust fuel injector cycle or engage the braking system (anti-lock). Or a combination of them. I would think that would show up on a data log.

I hope so but i have history with Triumph ecu's, so I am slightly suspicious. I had a Street Triple 765RS which wouldnt go any faster than 150 uphill, down hill or on a flat. Racers were tuning them get more power via head work cams power commander, but not getting any faster top end. So i emailed Triumph, and they confirmed they are restricted to 150mph. Once i posted this it raised a few eye brows.. No one (ie salesman) told me when i bought it grrr.... You wont find this in Triumphs sales broucher!

I think the R3 Ecu is more than capable of determining acceleration speeds and reducing power given, that it can currently control lean angle power, traction control power, wheelie etc via timing and throttle.

I would have thought (although to be honest my experience with 1/4 mile is somewhat limited) that a bike with more than twice the power of a stock bike would or should accelerate faster than 0.1 secs over a 1/4 mile and more than 15mph in speed over the line?

Are there Evil forces at work here....

Just putting it out there!

Last edited:
I would have thought (although to be honest my experience with 1/4 mile is somewhat limited) that a bike with more than twice the power of a stock bike would or should accelerate faster than 0.1 secs over a 1/4 mile and more than 15mph in speed over the line?

Just putting it out there!

Over a short length (402m) from a standing start, the difference will not be apparently huge. Especially when the stock bike is capable of 2.7 second 0-60mph time, there is not going to be anything but negligible difference there, the bike is already practically at the limits of physics regarding traction, and rider's launching ability is heavily depended upon.

But... if the race was a rolling start, say from 60mph to 180mph (assuming both bikes have rev & speed limiters, secondary throttle restrictions adjusted to allow this speed), the 310hp bike will be a mahoooosive way ahead of the stock bike.
The higher the starting speed, the bigger the gap in acceleration will be (in my understanding)

Wheel spin is an issue with big power, they arnt stretched, you just cant dump the throttle and it do like a dragbike. Wheel spin and lift and looseness is a big obstacle, Getting 300hp down the track is not easy on a stock motorcycle, stock as in suspension and length. What he has done is impressive, @warp has drag raced a supercharged bike maybe he can chime in on this task.

Over a short length (402m) from a standing start, the difference will not be apparently huge. Especially when the stock bike is capable of 2.7 second 0-60mph time, there is not going to be anything but negligible difference there, the bike is already practically at the limits of physics regarding traction, and rider's launching ability is heavily depended upon.

But... if the race was a rolling start, say from 60mph to 180mph (assuming both bikes have rev & speed limiters, secondary throttle restrictions adjusted to allow this speed), the 310hp bike will be a mahoooosive way ahead of the stock bike.
The higher the starting speed, the bigger the gap in acceleration will be (in my understanding)
Absolutely

When racing eta i have lost against a better speed and time but i crossed the line first as i left first, pro bikes woop me off the line but once i get into second i can pull them, with the head start im not getting passed in the 1/8 i may lose but im breaking that line first

Back