taming the 310 whp Supercharged Rocket 3 R

I think I hit the rev limiter in at least one gear every run.
I Have it strapped on the dyno right now and with the rear strap running under the seat and pulled down hard it actually looks better with a lower stance. I'm definitely going to find a way to lower it overall. Its got so much ground clearance.

The 10.6 was done by a light weight professional dragracer. I probably weigh 40 kg more. Like said by another member, a normal rider would probably be in the 11's.

So this means that you need nearly twice the power to eliminate a 40 kg differences?

That's hard... but allow me some additional questions - we here in Germany have no experience in track racing:

- why didn't you use the traction control? Would this make it slower?
- why didn't you install a Quickshifter? Would this also make it rower?

Or are these little helpers not allowed in those races?

So this means that you need nearly twice the power to eliminate a 40 kg differences?

That's hard... but allow me some additional questions - we here in Germany have no experience in track racing:

- why didn't you use the traction control? Would this make it slower?
- why didn't you install a Quickshifter? Would this also make it rower?

Or are these little helpers not allowed in those races?
It was a race to get to the track. I had no time to fit and set up the quick shifter. I tried the TC but it was to slow to respond to the power.
the standard bike went over the finish at 125-6 mph. I went through at 139.5 with Triumphs speed limiter. This is a much bigger guide to the power than the time. That is a huge difference.

I think i'd start with max preload and max rebound and take it from there.
EDIT: Found the video i was thinking of

Yep. I've watched it many times. Awesome vid. Even though I'm much more of a road racer than drag-racer type, this is not just extremely cool, but extremely educational.

Get off the limiter :)

Bottom line is with a new bike, there's no "book" on setup or stuff to try for the track, so it's trial and error. We aren't gonna see what a mere mortal (someone not named Rickey Gadson) can do with this bike for a while now, but it's gonna be fun to watch folks like you go do it.

Bottom line is with a new bike, there's no "book" on setup or stuff to try for the track, so it's trial and error. We aren't gonna see what a mere mortal (someone not named Rickey Gadson) can do with this bike for a while now, but it's gonna be fun to watch folks like you go do it.
Loved that 7 sec video. I'm out a week Saturday, see if I can improve:)

Back