tachometer glass

warp1

Standard Bore
The glass on my tach busted (or was busted) and pulled the tach from the bike. The chrome retainer that holds the glass in place doesn't want to come off to let me get to the glass....any ideas? Can I purchase the glass separate?

No, it's concidered a sealed unit and you can only order the complete tacho. Make note of your vin and which color face it has when ordering. The classic and standard are different. I've seen the wrong part show because the parts guy was told it's just a regular rocket.

Maybe someone has a non working tach that you could salvage the glass from.

Hey T-Teck, why would I loose the odometer reading on my speedometer when replacing the battery? How is the value stored? flash, NVram, battery backed ram????

Is there an adjustment in the speedometer to calibrate the speed indication? If you fix the speed reading with Tuneboy, the odometer becomes inaccurate.

Thanks,
Tom

tmiller said:
Is there an adjustment in the speedometer to calibrate the speed indication? If you fix the speed reading with Tuneboy, the odometer becomes inaccurate.

Thanks,
Tom
That's a good one...I've been wondering that myself.

The speed error is in the analog gauge (meter). The odometer is just a digital counter and is accurate from stock. When you recal the speed, you decrease the pulses per mile and the counter gives less miles displayed per miles traveled. Good for resale but bad for measuring fuel use.

Tom

Back