05 RIII Classic tachometer won't work...

Logan Mao

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket
Hello everyone, I have a problem about my 05 Rocket III tachometer. when I turn on the ignition, indicator in tach will flash but only once and the needle won't even move. what happen??? I check the gauge itself it works fine but one yellow wire in instrument harness is poor but I didn't found the yellow wire in instrument circuit diagram....

Hello everyone, I have a problem about my 05 Rocket III tachometer. when I turn on the ignition, indicator in tach will flash but only once and the needle won't even move. what happen??? I check the gauge itself it works fine but one yellow wire in instrument harness is poor but I didn't found the yellow wire in instrument circuit diagram....

Did you ever get this resolved as I have the exact same problem

Did you ever get this resolved as I have the exact same problem
D.a.m.n. I have a 07 also. :)

Bet its toast. But you should check the harness connection to be sure. Then run the speed/tachometer test on it and see if it throws a code.mine goes bad hello koso :)

Found the solution - fuse 3 for the heated grips - even though I don't have them fitted the fuse supplies power to the clocks. Found the answer on another thread here where someone had the trips re seting on every switch off - this is the same problem.
Lesson (re)learnt - check the simple things first!

Back