2007 R3 standard tachometer needle sticking

9Ball

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Standard
I’m out in the garage and winterizing the bike. Turned the ignition on and off and noticed the tach needle stuck at 2k RPM. Cycled the key on and off several times and the needle advanced, then stuck higher and higher. This is with the engine off. The bike starts up and idles fine but tach not returning to zero.

I drained the gas so the gas gauge is working fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 11
I’m out in the garage and winterizing the bike. Turned the ignition on and off and noticed the tach needle stuck at 2k RPM. Cycled the key on and off several times and the needle advanced, then stuck higher and higher. This is with the engine off. The bike starts up and idles fine but tach not returning to zero.

I drained the gas so the gas gauge is working fine.

Any help is appreciated.
Had the same problem with mine on a 2007 Classic. That was the second tach I had gone thru. I tried all sorts of remedies, but ended replacing using a 2005 tach. Different white face, but it works. First tach got busted up when my dad dropped it when he was helping me change handlebars (Ouch!$$$$). What can you say, he's your dad?

Thanks, has anyone had luck disassembling the tach and resetting the needle?

appreciate the reply but hate that the fix is buying a new tach…

Agree wi you Jake, happened to my 08 classic and just turned key on and off till needle finally reset itself .

No luck Yet…might be time to start looking for a new tach. I’ll keep trying but my luck isn’t always very good.

Back