Swapping standard front fender for fiberglass

This is something that I want.
That is a custom smaller front guard but to match the 140 front tyre.
I did get a David Gill one, that was fine but it didn't look right with the smaller front tyre.
Any recommendations ?
Not that keen on the style of on the Suzuki one Phil.
IMG_0418A.jpg

Just needs another 6" or so at the rear, I reckon.
I sure like my Gill Giant Fly!

Simple, Rob.
Find a rear tire with a circumference not greater than 6-8% more than that of the 130. :thumbsdown:

What side Paul, ...........please don't say the side with the scratched up exhaust. With you been an exhaust guru I would almost be embarrassed ;)

Would that I could use that 130/70 with ABS... alas I’ll sit here and wish.

Robert, I wouldn't recommend that tire for your set up even if your bike was not ABS equipped. I ran it with my 200 RWHP/175 ft/lb RWTQ mistress and the tire is, IMHO, too light/skittish with that level of instant power and throttle response.

The Michelin Commander II 140/75 17 V-rated radial should handle the job quite nicely for your Beast and it will substantially mitigate against your fighting to keep the front end better planted vs the 130.;)

That front fender is deffo a better looking match, style-wise, to the rear tin than the OEM piece, IMO. Are you planning to color-match it at some point, Scorp?

Maybe one day will get it to a closer colour match, I was lucky as the one they had in the Suzuki shop was this custom colour which was returned as it had a slight scratch. At $60 I wasn't worried. Others were black.

This is something that I want.
That is a custom smaller front guard but to match the 140 front tyre.
I did get a David Gill one, that was fine but it didn't look right with the smaller front tyre.
Any recommendations ?
Not that keen on the style of on the Suzuki one Phil.

IMG_0418A.jpg

Not a recommendation but another option, They have lots of other bits too including a lower engine cowl/fairing not sure it is my taste though:

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 ROADSTER FIBREGLASS FRONT FENDER ROCKET 111 | eBay

Last edited:
Back