Swapping standard front fender for fiberglass

Brian stevens

Greengrass
Ride
rocket 2008
One thing has put me off fitting fiberglass front fender is that you are losing the strength of the original metal one , years back we would fit a fork brace when doing this
These are heavy bikes -- this must have some negative effect -- any thoughts ?

The older (going back a good 5-7 model years)Hayabusas have a great looking front fender that would simply require and extra mounting hole should you desire running either a 140 or 130 series series up front, or if you plan to continue using theOEM 150 front rubber. Not sure if they changed the front fender on that fast Suzuki in recent model years, but it's certainly worth researching!:thumbsup:

I've run a front carbon fender in the past, and will again in the future. If there was any additional front end flex, I couldn't feel it, at any speed. Keep in mind we have, the biggest USD forks ever made, and the befiest factory triple tree's I'm aware of made by anyone.

Now that I really think about it, I've never had any chassis flex that bothered me in any way on the R3, except that motion generated by a too loose steering bearing. Even cranked over, power on in 1st, hovering the front tire it stayed solid and predictable.

Keep in mind we have, the biggest USD forks ever made, .
Debatable.

The outers are indeed beefy But the inner tube is only 43mm. As we all know big thin walled tubes are stiffer than than a thinner one with fatter wall.

And the early Brutale's had some serious lower yokes.

2007MVAgustaBrutale910R-001.jpg

This is something that I want.
That is a custom smaller front guard but to match the 140 front tyre.
I did get a David Gill one, that was fine but it didn't look right with the smaller front tyre.
Any recommendations ?
Not that keen on the style of on the Suzuki one Phil.

IMG_0418A.jpg

As TriumPhil mentioned this is a Suzuki M109 front fender with a slight modifications to sit lower with the 130 Exceedra Max
20180215_204237.jpg

Ahhh, thanks for the credit, Scorp, however I forgot to mention that front fender from the M109, so the credit is all yours!

BTW is that the E Max 130 you fitted up front? If so, the fender really hides (snugs up) the extra clearance.:thumbsup:

I can't quite make out the lettering on that tire, but it looks like it's a G series non-radial?

Last edited:
Back