Sturgis 2020

Got invited to go to run this year. Thought about it. Decided it is not a real good idea. Funny the club that invited me to ride also decided it was not a good idea. They lost their vice president and master at arms to Covid-19. Had a M.I. R. done today. The sweet looking lady who checked me in while waiting for the procedure got to talking. She lost her older sister to the virus. She was only 32 years old. This is not a political statement or post to start trouble but man this stuff ain't no joke. The Indian clinics are not playing around. There is a time and place for everything. This is nether the time or place. Wish you all luck but most of all be careful.

Social media is really fanning the embers of rumors ANTIFA will be at Sturgis this year.
Wouldn't be the first time.

But could/should be their last!?

Plan A - Hit the road in July and spend August in Alaska. COVID crapped on my parade.
Plan B - Hit the road August 5th for Sturgis. House is sold and I believe I can leave and have my lawyer handle the closing but final house projects, shipping delays,
getting the bike and trailer ready took longer than anticipated plus I have landlord responsibilities and still need to get my vehicles and remaining crap into storage = no way.
Plan C - Go to the Black Hills when the above items are finished.

Anyyone heading to Sturgis? I'm leaving Sunday morning from North Carolina heading toward Yellowstone and then back to Sturgis. Will be in Sturgis on Friday for the week.
TBone, just realized you're in my neck of the woods. I'm in Germanton, just north of Winston.

I'm not sure you admins and moderators will allow the best ones to be posted Paul... ;)

IF ONLY pics are posted, and comments are disallowed, I can't see why not. 🤷‍♂️ I could see those pics being really entertaining.

WOW, a 350 mile commute!?!
Have a great ride!
That is after the rally to decompress in Yellowstone. For rally rating st Kickstands Campground just south of Sturgis.
Toy hauler all loaded up, what is best place to use tie downs on the rocket. I have it in a wheel chock and want to make sure it is secure for the 1250 mile trip but not over strapped and damage front forks due to too much compression. Any suggestions or comments?
4C61ABF2-7FB4-445B-9A9A-CBAE70AD0B22.jpeg
0047DCA4-1882-4B56-B672-C7613E7D6ED2.jpeg
8158D96E-9A2E-45FC-AADD-09CD3E960F86.jpeg
FA302EEC-5D8D-493D-B98E-F97CF147F6BE.jpeg

Back