Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride 2020

TheWhingnut

Duct Tape Jedi
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Touring
DGR 2020
from the website :

"We will still be riding this year on Sunday the 27th of September, however, it will look a little different to what we're used to. It has been a difficult year, but the show must go on!

The 2020 ride will be a solo event to comply with all local social distancing restrictions.

Our focus this year is to bring riders from around the world together, so we may be riding alone, but we will connected globally by our love of motorcycling and our cause."

I have done the 2018 DGR in Norfolk / Va Beach. i had an absolute great time. I got to dress up and look dapper for a change and ride with a bunch of folks who enjoy motorcycles and want to help out the Movember Foundation. Since this year will be a solo ride. Mrs. Whingnut said she would like to come along as well, which has turned it into a picnic and dress up day for us both.

I highly recommend this as a funtime to enjoy.

and if you are interested in the Charity here is some info on them:
Movember rating on Give.org
Movember rating on Charity Navigator

I wonder why one cannot bring their significant other as a two-up... Obviously they didn't think that rule through.

Does Mrs. Whingnut have her own bike?

@Boog Mrs. Whingnut does not, but will ride Pillion. from there FAQ:

Is DGR for 2020 cancelled?
No, this year’s event is not cancelled. It will, however, be taking place in an adjusted format. All riders will still be able to register to ride, select their country and city, fundraise for men’s health.

On the day of the ride, however, there will be no mass ride in your city. You are encouraged to Ride Solo either by yourself or with a pillion.

plus during the 2018 ride a lot of folks had pillions & dogs riding sidecars so they didn't keep that from happening then so.......

2021 DGR is on in Cleveland, Ohio and Covid-19 has altered the way the ride works, I missed it in 2018, 19 & 20, but this year I have a new (to me) '05 Rocket and it will be my first DGR!

Back