AlexCustomBags

Standard Bore
Joined
Oct 7, 2026
Messages
3
Hi guys! Many of you know me from the Alex Custom Bags website and have asked me to create bags for the new Triumph Rocket 3 model; I’ve finally decided to go ahead with it. I have a vision for a design that won't spoil the bike's aesthetics but will instead feature a sleek, streamlined look! Don't expect massive storage capacity—these bags are designed to be truly sporty. I also plan to offer two mounting options: one compatible with the Hepco & Becker C-Bow system and another compatible with the original Triumph mounts. The hard-shell bags will be made of fiberglass, and I may incorporate premium carbon fiber elements as well. Please feel free to ask any questions or share your suggestions.
Best regards, Alex.
 

Attachments

  • QzmujOyf8Nc.jpg
    QzmujOyf8Nc.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1
Would be great if they were 25L at least (bigger than the Hepco & Becker bags) and were able to support a 11"-13" laptop. The current Triumph bags do this. Also, need to be waterproof or sealable, no sense getting there and everything is soaked, nor is it great to have to pack everything in additional (space claiming) internal bags. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
 
Would be great if they were 25L at least (bigger than the Hepco & Becker bags) and were able to support a 11"-13" laptop. The current Triumph bags do this. Also, need to be waterproof or sealable, no sense getting there and everything is soaked, nor is it great to have to pack everything in additional (space claiming) internal bags. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
 
Thanks for your comment! Naturally, the cases will be watertight and made from lightweight materials like fiberglass or carbon fiber; they can be painted to match the motorcycle so the whole setup looks integrated. As for size, I’m aiming for a 25-liter capacity. What do you think about adding an electronic locking system? That would require running wiring—which is tricky to handle without an electrician—so maybe I should stick to a mechanical lock? In any case, I want the lock to be invisible, keeping the lid smooth.
 
I am kind of old school. I would prefer mechanical locks rather than electronics which if they fail could be problematic. I've had a number of "electrical" issues with the bike, see Failed Key-Fob ended 7500km Trip short for one example. I would hate to arrive at my destination after a long day only to face issues releasing my bags from the bike or having it release unexpectedly without knowing or while on the move. It's a novel thought but I (myself) would avoid it for the reasons already mentioned. Having said that, it doesn't necessarily need to be tied into the bike. It could be a Bluetooth release on the lock from a dongle or phone (if you were trying to remove the key locks from your design). My two cents is that tying anything into the Triumph electrical system may have consequences beyond just luggage and then it's a whole different story.
 
Back
Top