Strange Icons With No Starting

If it's like the street, those indicators don't come on when you turn the key. The normal light cycle runs and she looks ready to start. You push the start button, nothing happens except those indicators begin flashing...battery to low to initiate a starter turn.

let me get this straight you have it in a shop that has a dyno an they can not tell you if you have a dead batt or jump the starter to get it started?
it sounds like their magic wand is broken! you need to take it to a good shop or start checking the bike your self. like jumping the bat ( was said) checking the fuses w/ multimeter while under load ect.
or you can start guessing like replacing batt or starter relay or starter solenoid. i was going to check mine for the lights you said sorry i forgot. maybe the two arrows is the trip mileage as one arrow for trip one two arrows for trip two and no arrows for regular mileage hth

correction
the arrow on top indicates that the oil light is on
the arrow on bottom indicates that the temp light is on

Last edited:
Tried disconnecting the batteries & touching cables together, then reconnecting. NG
I can get it to crank if I ground the wire that goes to the starter relay from the ECM. Starter relay is working if that wire gets grounded by the ECM. The ECM is not grounding that wire like it should. There are drivers in the ECM that handle the circuit grounds. The ECM does have a good ground itself, so it’s not that.
Also don’t hear the fuel pump run a few seconds when I put the ignition on either. ECM controls that too.

if you are pressing the starter button while you are grounding the starter relay and it cranks that means the starter button is ok.(if this is correct) which i would think that the clutch switch might be the problem
if you were able to cross over those two wires(clutch switch) that might let it work.
have you tried to start the motor while crossing that wire you said?

if you want i can give you phone # of my shop i come in 9:00 az time.we could talk direct and may be figure this out.

5:00 gone for the day

Just got back from putting on about 1000 miles on my '07 at the BBB rally over the weekend, I go out at 5:00 am to ride to work this morning and it doesn't start...the starter seems to almost turn, but not quite all the way, lights work and all...couldn't spend any time figuring out what was wrong as I had to go ahead and go to work. I think I may have had those arrows displaying as well, can't fully recall as at 5:00 am I was still trying to wake up. Will check for the arrows when I get home and try jumping the bike.

i checked mine this morning and after the needles sweep those two arrows blink then only the top arrow with with the oil light stays on. this might mean that you have a problem in the temperature circuit.
i was looking at the manual and it looks like that tepm goes thur a 20 pin connector that might be problem also i would pull temp swith connector and check for power and ground with key on. ground looks like red with green stripe to computer pin #a09

At a certified Triumph dealer now (I'm not sure that's a good or bad thing!) I'll keep you all posted but I'm glad I bought a new Indian as a backup bike. Beautiful bike but Man!...it's no R3!

Well, I think my issue was just a dead battery, hooked up the trickle charger for about 5 hours and then went to check it...started up eagerly! Glad it's not the dreaded ignition failure. Need to look into getting the Eastern Beaver relay before any potential problems arise...

Back