Strange Icons With No Starting

zenbiker

Zenbiker
Ride
2021 R3 GT
The 2007 Carpentered Classic is up on the dyno but suddenly will not start. All lights, horn and instruments seem fine. Tried pulling in the clutch, raising the side stand but nothing at all happens when the starter button is hit.
Inside the odometer window, on the right, are two flashing "arrow" shaped icons. What do these mean?
Thanks.

Never saw them before.

problem is probably the power going to the starter relay on right side of bike.
should be able to jumper from bat to starter solenoid. that would be one test if the motor starts and runs then you are on the right track.
you can pull the right side cover hold the starter relay and try to start if the relay clicks then you have a problem in the power to the relay. if the starter relay does not click it will be something like clutch lever switch or starter button. hth

The two flashing arrows point to the oil pressure and water temp indicators. Are you sure they don't ALWAYS flash when the ignition is first turned on (to show that they're working?)

when I turn on ignition I have flashing oil because the engine is not running but the temp light does not light up as the bike is cold and this should only come on if overheated. I think I would checking the connection on temp sender and also have you checked for error codes with either TuneECU or TuneBoy

Hook up a set of jumper leads to a car, sounds like a flat battery (flat enough to not allow it to crank). A car will allow you to crank it till the battery has nothing left but a R3 will not.

Back