the easier handling? that's logical. I've also read that it corects the speedo.

The 225/55 is just a tab larger than the stock 240/50 so it only corrects the speedo slightly. The 245/50 adjusts it a bit more.

If you really want to correct the speedo then you need to use TuneECU or Tuneboy to change the settings in the ECU.

In 260ish depending on my last run/meal/dump. I've read the Goodyear may run a bit but the raptor is a tight fit but fits in a 245.

Do these lose their grip in the cold? I rode in today and it was minus 40 this morning and the bike is all over the place wonky. I had a car cut me off and the rear locked and then later it did a little slide in what nobody would call an agressive turn.

Did i read that right ?? MINUS 40 Degrees ??

Wiggly line most likely means "about" or "approximately" (in place of a double wiggly line). Reckon he's talking about it being about 40F (4C).

I have almost re-trained myself to be able to ride my new Roadster with the pos Metz on the rear. There ought to be a law against putting such a dangerous tire on a motorcycle. I have been very gentle with this tire as I have been anticipating re-selling. I can't believe it but I have 6K miles on it and still have enough tread to pass the inspection I had to get today. If I don't sell, it won't be but a heartbeat until I put another decent tire on her. Hey Skip! Isn't there somebody out there that will agree to purchase used tires? I understand I need to get the money up front if I sell it right?

BTW Skip, I have your stock Triumph bags off the bike now and have absolutely no need for them.

Being from the Canberra area some 30 plus years ago it used to get down to minus 3 that's bloody cold . That's the main reason I moved up here a cold day up is about 15 degrees Celsius .

I have almost re-trained myself to be able to ride my new Roadster with the pos Metz on the rear. There ought to be a law against putting such a dangerous tire on a motorcycle. I have been very gentle with this tire as I have been anticipating re-selling. I can't believe it but I have 6K miles on it and still have enough tread to pass the inspection I had to get today. If I don't sell, it won't be but a heartbeat until I put another decent tire on her. Hey Skip! Isn't there somebody out there that will agree to purchase used tires? I understand I need to get the money up front if I sell it right?

BTW Skip, I have your stock Triumph bags off the bike now and have absolutely no need for them.
this was my first real issue. I noticed they weren't great but they were manageable. I rode again this morning and it was the same, it heats up during the day so I'll be fine for later.

Back