kblahetka

Supercharged
Ride
2005 r3
Do these lose their grip in the cold? I rode in today and it was ~40 this morning and the bike is all over the place wonky. I had a car cut me off and the rear locked and then later it did a little slide in what nobody would call an agressive turn.

Do these lose their grip in the cold? I rode in today and it was ~40 this morning and the bike is all over the place wonky. I had a car cut me off and the rear locked and then later it did a little slide in what nobody would call an agressive turn.

That is why most have ditched the Metz if favour off the Brigdestone Exerdra Max and some of us use Darkside (hi performance car tyre) and both options will give much better grip and wear:cool:
There is also a Avon option but apparently the rear is not so good in wet, while the front is good all rounder

another captain jumping on the rear brake!! in a seemingly panic stop ..I know I repeat myself times and times but why is it that every time I read about braking either planned or panic the rear appears to be the proeminent main braking action when it is a rock solid evidence that it should be 20% rear and 80% front in order to avoid locking up the rear and shortening the stopping distance and maintaining control ...stumped I am utterly stumped . I learned to control the motorcycling braking during my military time and I learned quickly how to stay upright reduce distance in panic braking andjumping over large debris on the road . among the training done . the rear brake was hardly ever used
I wrote earlieron this forum about the bycicle test for those who did not believe ..\if it can save one captain from hitting or falling it is worth my blabbering on this thread.
just trying to help..

Thanks for the assumption that I clearly have no idea how to stop my bike. I haven't locked the rear in many years. Given the tire slid on a light turn I'm thinking it's just rubber doesn't like the cold.

Many of us consider the Metzler a safety hazard. It is far toooooo easy to lock up the rear using the Metzler even in a proper 80/20 front/rear brake scenario. In my opinion, the Metzler cannot even support up to a 20% ratio.

Gone darkside and never had the problem again.

I'm debating the dark side. And by debating I mean planning this winter.

My debate is to do a raptor in a 245 50 or a 225 55. My inner tribal armband tattoo guy wants the 245 while better judgment seems to point to the 225.

I'm debating the dark side. And by debating I mean planning this winter.

My debate is to do a raptor in a 245 50 or a 225 55. My inner tribal armband tattoo guy wants the 245 while better judgment seems to point to the 225.

Well I have only had 2 darksides both 245 and I have I problem flicking around then I am no light weight ( not overly overweight but have fair upper body strength) and that is where the difference probably is if you are a light weight the narrower 225 may suit you but as I said I have no prob's with the wider tyre except get past the people when it is parked somewhere and they are eyeing off the bike and then see the tyre:D

Back