Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi Guys, I recently had my 2015 Touring in for the 10000 mile service. I told the service manager about my deceleration wobble at around 35 mph. They had found that I lost a wheel weight, so they rebalanced the front wheel. They also retorqued the steering bearing. They claimed it was at the loose end of spec.
On my way home, it felt like the wobble was gone, but now it is back 100%. Before I call them back and complain, I thought I’d ask here what the deal with this is. Anyone know? When I had my gl1800 Wing, it did the exact same thing.
It is only when I take my hands off the bars, so it really isn’t a big deal anyway cause I usually like to have my hands on the bars.
Thanks for any advice

I have the same thing with my 05. I think in my case, it's because I have a chit load of sealant/balancer in it, from trying to stop a small leak. And like you said, only when I take my hands off the bars, and at around 40 mph or so. Neither of which I do very often!

Hi Guys, I recently had my 2015 Touring in for the 10000 mile service. I told the service manager about my deceleration wobble at around 35 mph. They had found that I lost a wheel weight, so they rebalanced the front wheel. They also retorqued the steering bearing. They claimed it was at the loose end of spec.
On my way home, it felt like the wobble was gone, but now it is back 100%. Before I call them back and complain, I thought I’d ask here what the deal with this is. Anyone know? When I had my gl1800 Wing, it did the exact same thing.
It is only when I take my hands off the bars, so it really isn’t a big deal anyway cause I usually like to have my hands on the bars.
Thanks for any advice
I had a similar problem that went away after changing (replacing the tire).

Cobra chromes are fairly new. I went to look again and I noticed the weights are only on one side of the wheel.
Is this normal?

NOPE The weights should be equal on both sides of rim. Asked a dealer one time if it was normal for him to balance a tire without removing the old weights first. One more food for thought you can adjust head stock bearing all day long but if they are worn out it just does not help much. All wobbles of any kind disappeared after replacing the races and bearing in the headstock with a lot of grease something Triumph did not do on my X or another member's bike on here. Bearings were packed in some kind of slim. Not good. Premature wear.

Back