Stebel Nautilus Horn

tdragger

Living Legend
I couldn't stand the meep-meep anymore so I ordered a Stebel Nautilus to mount under the left side panel. As others have posted before, it was not a particularly difficult install. I mounted the horn using the bolt through the airbox method. Very easy, very secure. The relay was mounted to a small flange that is just below the aft bolt that holds the side panel. Very convenient.

I disconnected the leads to the old horn and pulled the cable back under the tank. Of the two leads, one has 2 blue wires and the other has 1 purple wire. The single purple wire is the one you will be interested in. It is at best a 18 ga wire so I crimped a quick slice onto it and ran a new 18 ga wire back to the relay. Another new wire was run to the (+) battery terminal and then to the relay. The fuse kit that came with my purchase fit perfectly between the (+) and its post on the relay. Another new wire extended from the relay to the (+) side of the horn. Lastly, the (-) side of the horn was connected to a bare bolt that can be seen from below just fore of the rear peg inside the swingarm.

I did a quick test (very short beep) just to confirm that it was getting power then started putting everything back together. When Wife came out to supervise, I did a full performance test. Note to Self: Don't sit on the left side with no hearing protection when conducting a full performance test with this horn! I nearly rolled off my chair and my Wife about jumped through the ceiling. :eek: THIS THING IS PAINFULLY LOUD!!!! :eek: Wife said it was obnoxiously loud but I reminded her that this just might save my life someday.

I'll try to get some pics posted shortly. I have to prepare myself for all the "dirt" and "wash it" comments. Geezz, just trying to help. :rolleyes:

I bought the extra kit. It was worth it just to get the inline fuse & holder. I had to substitute a 12 ga ring terminal so that I could crimp both the fuse wire and the power wire to the (+) side of the batt. Also used a quick splice to attach to the purple wire from the old horn. Didn't use the butt splices. I'd say the kit was worth it. Got it from bikerhiway.com.

Got mine from www.bikerhiway.com Used the coupon code MG610611 for some off of shipping and it included the wiring kit for free. Got mine installed this past weekend along with my headlight modulator and driving lights. **** that horn is loud and my headlights are annoying, so maybe now I might be seen by the soccer moms before they run over me.

Back