Sounds like a battery issue. Ye could try a jump start an see if it turns over.If yer really stuck an need a haun I'm in Glasgow too.PM me.
Thanks DEcosse and Kipper. I'll check the battery under load and try checking the response of the headlight to holding in the starter button.
Just to point out Kipper, I have tried with a battery jump starter that I've used to start the rocket before, but there was no difference. I'm over in Wishaw so I'll let you know if I can do with some help. If I have no luck I may need to just bite the bullet and get it into Girders in Airdrie. Solving electrical issues is my weak point when working on bikes

Hi
Sounds very much like mine did when it was the starter solenoid that needed a repair. I bought the kit off ebay and have had no problems since. You can just clean up the bits inside with a bit of fine emery paper, but I figured if the starter was off id replace the bits. Its not a hard job to do I took a pic or 2 on my phone so I could see where all the bits went as I went along. Mines a 2008 classic and the starter took 10 mins to remove as I have the decat pipe fitted so didn't need to remove the exhaust... not sure about your bike.

I would remove the starter and do some bench testings on it. It's not hard to remove and if all is good then you eliminated one item that could be the problem.

I would also look at fuse #11 check for heat damage. Changing the starter relay could also help as the old one may have arcing causing poor power delivery. Also by your posts you may have a multi meter check what the battery voltage drops to when you hit the start button

I would also look at fuse #11 check for heat damage. Changing the starter relay could also help as the old one may have arcing causing poor power delivery. Also by your posts you may have a multi meter check what the battery voltage drops to when you hit the start button

Just as a potential option to look into, does anyone know where ai can get a starter relay from? I can see any on ebay or from Fowlers website and can't see one from searching on Google.

Just as a potential option to look into, does anyone know where ai can get a starter relay from? I can see any on ebay or from Fowlers website and can't see one from searching on Google.
Have you already checked the electric kill switch that is located at the clutch lever?

Have you already checked the electric kill switch that is located at the clutch lever?
No, I havnt checked that or the actual kill switch either. I would have thought it wouldn't make an attempt at all if it was either those but yes it's on the eventual list of possibilities to try.

If I remember right got mine from my local Halfords.Or you can try world of triumph but they charge for delivery

Back