GeordieBear

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 111 (Roadster)
I'm just looking for some advice. I'm having starting issues with my 2012 Triumph Rocket 3.

When turning the key the ignition comes on and the bike goes through its electrical checks. When holding in the clutch and pressing the starter button there is a click then nothing. After resetting through the ignition or the kill switch the bike then cycles through the checks again but it will not start up.

I had wondered if it may have been an immobiliser issue after having some odd alarm issues since getting the bike but I have now removed the alarm system and put in a blanking connector. After this it is still not starting.

Any ideas of where to start or what to look for before I take it to a local bike garage? Bike electricals are not my strong point.

Sit on the bike - Flip up the sidestand - and repeat. Just to rule out the sidestand switch.

BIG CLICK (more CLACK) or little click? - Do the lights go out when you hit the button?

Sit on the bike - Flip up the sidestand - and repeat. Just to rule out the sidestand switch.

BIG CLICK (more CLACK) or little click? - Do the lights go out when you hit the button?

Thanks for replying Barbagris. I have tried with the side stand up. On trying it again and noting your question... The lights stay on, it's the engine management light that goes out. Abs light always stays on as that is another issue that the bike has had for some time.

I made a short video of the issue:

Have you checked your battery and battery connection and maybe your fuses just a thought

Have you checked your battery and battery connection and maybe your fuses just a thought

Yes I've checked those.

Battery has been kept charging with an oximiser and showing over 13v. I did also try with a battery booster just in case but no joy. No issues with fuses from what I can see from checking them.

Back