Stable Mate for the R3

It's not about being faster than xxxxx bike. It's about having ana amazing Sport Tourer with enough beans to run away from almost anything on the road and an incredible, unique sound.

I have Carpenter stuff on order so I'll have the speed machine box checked lol.

I hope this "Motus" company sees great success. The only thing they could do better IMO is to put something like a Hossack front suspension on it(see BMW Duo-lever). Weight transfer/brake-dive would be forever cured while NOT succumbing to a truckload of semi-active, computer-controlled acronyms (aka gimmicks) that cost a fortune to fix/replace after warranty.

I like it! Can see the supercharged version in my garage one day. Although any would be fun to own and ride, and the price is not really beyond reasonable.

Edit: I see comments like the Aprilla or the R3R with carpenter system killing it. I gotta say I disagree, let talk out of the box performance not OEM Motus and aftermarket performance R3R. I'd like to see the shoot out between the Motus R and the Ducati Diavel or V Max. If your going to talk aftermarket maybe you should co.pare it to the Supercharged OEM Motus! As far as the Aprilla or Hyabusa, or Zx14.... really, who do you k ow thats going to put in 400-600miles a day on one of those, and in real world street riding the Motus is extremely well equipped for light to light quickness and performance riding in the twisties. I'd love to throw one of those scooters around on the Blue Ridge or Cherohala, or any of those NC mountain roads. I'll bet it is pure joy and comfort.

Last edited:
How about this V4 instead?
Almost HALF the price of the Motus ............
The Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

tuono_1100_product.png

My son in Jacksonville has one of these. He will not let me ride it. Looks cool fast and nimble but, there is no way one could ride it for more than one hour. It's a track bike with a headlamp. Now the Rocket can take you to the Moon :ninja:

Pretty sure my next mount will be a Motus MST-R. If you haven't seen them, they sound like exactly what a tuned R3 would feel like in a lighter bike:

When there is one available for 10K I'll look. 30K is out of my MC budget. My R3 became mine for 5K total. The Valkye for 3.5K.
Live bellow your means and ride bellow your skill levels and stay upright.

Yeah, the 37k sticker on the R seems high but...

15,550 - New R3R
1650 - Wilbers 642s
About 6000 - carp 265 head and cams
2000 ( when I bought it, less now) - CES pipes
About 5000 - PC-V + AT + Quick shifter + POD -300, Ti bolts/ Alu bolts and Tune boy, Injectors + Powder coat work, Headlights, bars, mirrors, Flyscreen, mount kit, ozclaw, belly pan, crash bars, Healtech shift light, carbon fender, keyless start etc etc

Getting the Rocket where I feel it needed to be wasn't exactly cheap either, and that leaves out probably 2k in random stuff I'm forgetting.

When you consider your getting top shelf suspension, electronics, brakes, and carbon body work, plus fully adjustable heli bars and BST wheels the R price suddenly makes sense, as there is precious little left to do to it.

I like it! Can see the supercharged version in my garage one day. Although any would be fun to own and ride, and the price is not really beyond reasonable.

Edit: I see comments like the Aprilla or the R3R with carpenter system killing it. I gotta say I disagree, let talk out of the box performance not OEM Motus and aftermarket performance R3R. I'd like to see the shoot out between the Motus R and the Ducati Diavel or V Max. If your going to talk aftermarket maybe you should co.pare it to the Supercharged OEM Motus! As far as the Aprilla or Hyabusa, or Zx14.... really, who do you k ow thats going to put in 400-600miles a day on one of those, and in real world street riding the Motus is extremely well equipped for light to light quickness and performance riding in the twisties. I'd love to throw one of those scooters around on the Blue Ridge or Cherohala, or any of those NC mountain roads. I'll bet it is pure joy and comfort.

I made the Motus/Carpenter R3 comparison based on the price of the Motus. For the price of a new, stock Motus, one could buy a new R3 and have it "Carpenterized" for less money, and the R3 would blow it away. Also, a Vmax will blow it away too...

You can stick a blown LS6 into an 84 Dodge Aries, comfortably drive it for 600 miles a day and leave your neighbors Ferrari for dead at a fraction of the cost. At the end of the day you still have a Dodge Aries and he still has a Ferrari.

Back