Stable Mate for the R3

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Pretty sure my next mount will be a Motus MST-R. If you haven't seen them, they sound like exactly what a tuned R3 would feel like in a lighter bike:

Interesting Leno program.
180 ponies from a 150 lb engine! :thumbsup:
However, I am one that is a little put off by the 2 valve, push rod, NO abs configuration. :rolleyes: o_O
I hope they are successful and sell a lot of bikes! :thumbsup:

This engine should do well in a trike - slingshot?

Interesting Leno program.
180 ponies from a 150 lb engine! :thumbsup:
However, I am one that is a little put off by the 2 valve, push rod, NO abs configuration. :rolleyes: o_O
I hope they are successful and sell a lot of bikes! :thumbsup:

This engine should do well in a trike - slingshot?
You can get a used 2015 for awee bit more then 30,000.00 amercan true to form when it comes to being over priced.

Still a nice piece of machinery

Agreed, Warpo @warp9.9 !
180 HP with 600 lbs wet!
They say the push rod design yields the torque????
How does the OHC Rocket then yield more torque???
BS?
I bet it is only to save design and costs, which I can understand.
If they are successful, I bet it morphs to an OHC with over 200 HP.
With that kind of power, it NEEDS ABS!!!

I'm still just half-way through the video - but had to stop it right here & take the frame-shot:

Anyone notice that this is a TRIUMPH SSSA from an 05+ Sprint (which just also happens to be the market segment they appear to be aiming for - Sport Tourer)
(the Sprint & Speed Triple arm and wheel are actually the same - on the Sprint the Caliper is on the top vs the bottom on the S3, which makes it a Sprint Arm/Brake/Wheel)

That is 100% a Triumph arm & wheel - wonder how Triumph would feel about that? :D
The SSSA didn't make it to production bike however.

Front end for the mock-up looks like GSXR Forks/Wheel ...........

motus_Tri_SSSA.jpg

Last edited:
The pushrod/2v construction isn't my favorite configuration....HOWEVER, do remember that an NA, streetable, LS7 can be built to around 900whp and still run nice and smoothly.

With the sounds it makes sporting a short exhaust (freaking ANGRY), I don't care what the engine design is, 180whp and 128lb-ft in a 550lb bike (until I get a hold of it), is just too good.

The price is high, however, you get top shelf Ohlins, BST, Brembos, good headers, etc, its really not that bad. I'm just BSTs away from that price into my R3R....

Back