Spy shots new rocket

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-engine-detail.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-002.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-008.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-003.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-005.jpg

011019-2020-Triumph-Rocket-III-spy-photos-001.jpg

Much smaller rad.
Article mentions 2 peg positions, forward and neutral. Looks like forward one is shown
2 exhausts on right and 1 on left
Much beefier front forks
Is that the starter under the swingarm?
I love it! But can't believe it yet.

All smart arse comments aside, I have always been a function over form kinda guy. So, if I rode one and it really hit the spot, I wouldn't care about the looks.

The problem for me is this. I already have a rocket that is one of my all time favorite bikes that Triumph has dropped like a hot potato with a spider on it. Not to mention the rather shabby support they supplied while it was in production.

So here I am with a bike that I really love and spares to keep it running are going to get as rare as chicken lips in a few years.

So now I'm going to drop a boat load of cash, to a company that offers lukewarm support, on a one off special model that will probably be dropped also in short order and be right back in the same boat???????

I think Sonny @sonny hit the nail on the head. Buy another used one of the same model for spares, build the 2nd engine and transmission and keep the other 15-20k in the bank.

I like it! With a few improvements would consider buying one. Need to improve: Less silver and more black, reduce size of all turn signals and move rear signals to rear brake light or better yet integrate into brake light. What's with you Brits and your billboard sized license plate? A small American license plate with a small light above mounted in place of the pictured plate would look real nice and clean. Oh, and keep the price below $20,000 and I'm in. BTW, I think the Triumph spies read our site as they pretty much changed the Rocket to mirror what we discussed awhile back about ways to improve the bike on a new model.

Looks like they're going after Diavel and bikes of that nature.

Looking at the pictures there seems to be burnt plastic or something on the exhaust.... coming out of the head. In one of the pictures the riders pants leg is making contact with the exhaust. I'm thinking all of the exhaust covers they intend on using isn't mounted in the pictures.

I like it so far. However even though I have always been against using saddle bags... after a friend sold me saddle bags for a great price... I have changed my mind. I can actually tote all my junk that is needed at work or when I'm riding in general... and not have to struggle finding a way to tie it down.

Wondering if the new bike will have any type of "size-able" bag offered?

Another thing is in comparison to my Roadster.... how comfortable would this bike be on long rides?

Looks like they have moved the foot controls back to the Classic foot control configuration... not like the Roadsters.

I don't think this bike will ever be in my stable unless I buy a used one down the road... after someone has paid the "new bike depreciation".

Oh... they stole my bar end idea...LOL

IMG_3267.JPG

Triumph would do themselves a big favor by tucking all the wires in. Wires whipping in the wind at 140 MPH will greatly reduce reliability, a recipe for stranded on the side of the road. You think they would already know this... har har har :p:p:p

Back