If you try to use the "my speedo said I was ..." you get handed a second ticket for operating with defective equipment. The guvmut will always get it's piece.
It's part of why the EU brought in some legislation. I remember a mate with a Bonneville in 1980 showing me his speedo as we rode along. My Guzzi was at at 60mph - his bounced between 50 and 80.

30 years ago the world was different. The onus was upon the law to prove guilt. Not simply apportion it.

I never look at my speedometer for speed, just the tach and gps
Ditto - I have an even simpler system. It's a series of 7 lights (3 green 2 yellow 1 red) that light up at 81, 91........141kmh and FLASH at 151. So I know I'm at 80 or less, 90 or less...........150 or less. It's fine avoidance.

Ditto - I have an even simpler system. It's a series of 7 lights (3 green 2 yellow 1 red) that light up at 81, 91........141kmh and FLASH at 151. So I know I'm at 80 or less, 90 or less...........150 or less. It's fine avoidance.

i'm no rocket scientician, but i think 3+2+1=6 lol where's the other light? you sure love your lights dude.

i always look at my speedo, love how the needle sweeps up past all the digits in parallel with the powerband. i'd hate to have on of them new sportbike style speedos that is digital display. even more so if the bike came from anywhere but the UK and USA as i was raised on mph and that's what i gauge the best. kph is like monopoly money to me, i can count it but it doesnt mean anything haha

I agree.

I never look at my speedometer for speed, just the tach and gps - of course I'll check the odometer from time to time.

On long trips I'll set the fuel on the gps to notify me after I've done 160 miles (the odometer always shows then at 160 too), then I'll try to fill up around 180 but know I've still got some more leeway --

Back