yes you can there's an option box in tuneboy to do with wheel speed ratios.. but I forget the value the figure 3000 & something lives in that box, you might simply have a % adjuster to click

YES. TuneECU too - it's a % thing.

But It will also knock the ODOmeter out of kilter. If you use the odo to gauge fuel stops you'll have to recalibrate your mindset.

You'll basically be sending less pulses per KM to the SPEEDO - The ODO counts these too.

I'd suggest a simple and now cheap GPS Speedo addon.

An Aussie one http://hmbe.com.au/products/gps-speed-alert-with-dash-mounting-bracket

No they aren't. The speedo is about 7% more optimistic than the odometer. They can be adjusted, but they will be adjusted in parallel and still maintain the same relative difference.

I agree, my speedo was about 7% optimistic but the odo was spot on. I adjusted using TuneECU and the speedo is about 1% optimistic but the odo is reading slow. Found out the hard way by running out of gas when I thought that I had another 20 miles are so.

No they aren't. The speedo is about 7% more optimistic than the odometer. They can be adjusted, but they will be adjusted in parallel and still maintain the same relative difference.
Absolutely. My ODO is spot on with a GPS speedo but the Speedo is always optimistic. I checked btw the ECU stats and the ECU speed does NOT read the same as the Speedo.

This is a SPECIFIC LEGAL CAVEAT BY TRIUMPH and MOST MFR's. I don't know what teh law is in teh US - But in the EU a Speedo CAN NOT READ LESS THAN TRUE SPEED. As changing tyres (even supposedly of the same size) can result in fluctuations and the law allows +/- 3% to accommodate this - The speedo has to read optimistic. Otherwise anybody can say - Sorry Officer my Speedo said x - even when you know it was really y. Back in the early '80's I escaped a speeding offence in the UK by proving (using a calibrated police speedo) a defective speedo - the dealer and importer got stiff fines and warnings.

Putting an E-Max on the rear will knock it back to 3.5% ish optimistic. A 225/55 Darkside will on paper knock 1.1% off - but in reality it takes more off due to tread depths and carcass differences.

20140128_055112.jpg 20140128_055005.jpg

For me, odo accuracy on the triumph gear is better to judge miles in a tank of gas.
Mentally you know you're under speed.
For mine I have a garmin that can set a screen to MPH in larger readable numbers. LEO friend (well, I know him. Can LEO ever be "a friend"?) has clocked me and found GPS to be 0 error.

Absolutely. My ODO is spot on with a GPS speedo but the Speedo is always optimistic. I checked btw the ECU stats and the ECU speed does NOT read the same as the Speedo.

This is a SPECIFIC LEGAL CAVEAT BY TRIUMPH and MOST MFR's. I don't know what teh law is in teh US - But in the EU a Speedo CAN NOT READ LESS THAN TRUE SPEED. As changing tyres (even supposedly of the same size) can result in fluctuations and the law allows +/- 3% to accommodate this - The speedo has to read optimistic. Otherwise anybody can say - Sorry Officer my Speedo said x - even when you know it was really y. Back in the early '80's I escaped a speeding offence in the UK by proving (using a calibrated police speedo) a defective speedo - the dealer and importer got stiff fines and warnings.

Putting an E-Max on the rear will knock it back to 3.5% ish optimistic. A 225/55 Darkside will on paper knock 1.1% off - but in reality it takes more off due to tread depths and carcass differences.

If you try to use the "my speedo said I was ..." you get handed a second ticket for operating with defective equipment. The guvmut will always get it's piece.

I never look at my speedometer for speed, just the tach and gps - of course I'll check the odometer from time to time.

On long trips I'll set the fuel on the gps to notify me after I've done 160 miles (the odometer always shows then at 160 too), then I'll try to fill up around 180 but know I've still got some more leeway --

The Exedra Max 240 on the rear of my R3 has substantially cured the 7% speedo deviation previously mentioned. that has been confirmed to me numerous times by radar (no tickets!) as well as by friends and fellow riders who have corroborated this on their own speedos or bike-mounted GPS.

Back