In search of Speedo for 2006

Bqh245

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Rocket 3
Speedo on 2006 Classic out. Not operational, no sweep until after started. Speed sensor replaced. Tach normal. Have read and researched all related threads. Triumph service can't fix. Triumph believes it to be defective speedometer.
Does anyone have or know where I can get a replacement speedometer since they're no longer available from Triumph?Any/all help much appreciated.

Only one thread is nessasary.
Ebay is and maybe somone here might have one.
Imo you dont really need one like I dont really need 2nd gear but it's nice to have!
Looks like ebay has a few options for $400 to $500
Imo buy a ram mount quick grip and mount your phone and use the gps for speedo.
I would take it apart and see what is busted

Very common for them to loose the odometer (mine is blank) but for it not to sweep is sort of odd.
Is yours blank on the odometer ?

Very common for them to loose the odometer (mine is blank) but for it not to sweep is sort of odd.
Is yours blank on the odometer ?
Hey, thanks for response. My odometer is dim...but not blank. Triumph tech believes the speedo itself is bad.

Hey, thanks for response. My odometer is dim...but not blank. Triumph tech believes the speedo itself is bad.
I am inclined to think that you may have a power problem .
Might be at the speedo connector.
Most of the time that it will not sweep it is a connection problem.
What you need is to swap speedos with a buddy.

I am inclined to think that you may have a power problem .
Might be at the speedo connector.
Most of the time that it will not sweep it is a connection problem.
What you need is to swap speedos with a buddy.
I would advise against swapping speedos with a buddy.... unless you really trust him and you also feel comfortable in his speedo and he also in yours.

I would advise against swapping speedos with a buddy.... unless you really trust him and you also feel comfortable in his speedo and he also in yours.
Thank you. After reading everything on here regarding R3 speedo issues I asked the tech to inspect/wiggle the speedo connector in the loom under tank. Voila....he said it started to sweep if pressed on at the right angle.

Last edited:

i find that rocket riders to be very reliable/responsible
one of my friends/rocket owner allowed me to try my two ecu's on his bike when i was having a bad problem and they both worked good on his bike,
but like you said there would be some that i would not ask.

Wait... you are paying a tech.... that dis not find a loos connection.... get your $ back and never go back...
Yep. Had valves and such done too. Thought I'd give them a shot at the speedo issue too....it was a rip

Back