Her3tic,

So you are saying if I buy a tune boy and have a laptop I can remove the restrictions in 1,2 and 3? Any when I do you'll be so kind as to walk me thought it?

Mitch

Yes, and it's easy. You can also raise the speed and RPM limits. Depending on what exhaust you have, there are several tunes available from Tuneboy specifically for them.

OK, I wasn't going to but...

OK, where is the best deal and are there any "Secrets" to getting one I should know? I have a stock 07 R3 with 2,500 miles and by the time I get this I will have eliminated the CAT but am keeping the stock pipes.

Thanks..

Mitch, yank the fur ball first and enjoy the new found release of power. Then yes, there are several issues that can be easily resolved with the TuneBoy and with the TuneBoy only. So easy even a caveman can do it; but if push comes to shove or if you're simply feeling inclusive, there are several individuals here that are always anxious to keep a fellow Captain flying, including myself.

Download the TuneBoy TuneEdit manual as well the the TuneEdit program. Thoroughly read it, the manual, then flush it. You won't need it anymore :D Download a handfull of potentially useful tunes, then together with the TuneEdit program play along. All this so far is free to download. The real costs arise when you put it into you bikes ECU. There is another apect of the TuneEdit program and that's the Diagnostics; although, it's useless...until you buy in;)

No. No secrets. Wayne, at Tuneboy (actually is TuneGuru) and Co. are quick to get it shipped to you.

Last edited:
OK, where is the best deal and are there any "Secrets" to getting one I should know? I have a stock 07 R3 with 2,500 miles and by the time I get this I will have eliminated the CAT but am keeping the stock pipes.

Thanks..

newr3.com

You have a bit of a problem. While there is a stock tune for standard pipes and cat box without catalyst, there isn't a tune for standard pipes and cat box deleted. There's no custom tune for this configuration on the Tuneboy site either. Before doing this, you could: 1) look for a DynoJet dyno tuner who will tune your bike using Tuneboy (good luck on that); 2) get the Triumph off-road pipes (TOR's) (as well as the cat bypass pipe)- this will probably cost less than a custom dyno tune and there is a custom tune on the Tuneboy site for TOR's/cat bypass.

You have a bit of a problem. While there is a stock tune for standard pipes and cat box without catalyst, there isn't a tune for standard pipes and cat box deleted. There's no custom tune for this configuration on the Tuneboy site either...there is a custom tune on the Tuneboy site for TOR's/cat bypass.

I'm listening for any, that is any, cause to differentiate the back pressure of three standard silencers with three TORs with the cat bypass. In as much as the same single most restrictive gas escape choke point remains the same; the 3 into 1 manifold choke point. After that is the cat box or no cat box.

I run the 20150FinalDynoMap with the mods for decel popping and L tables. I run this on my Tourer and it RUNS great!

I'm listening for any, that is any, cause to differentiate the back pressure of three standard silencers with three TORs with the cat bypass. In as much as the same single most restrictive gas escape choke point remains the same; the 3 into 1 manifold choke point. After that is the cat box or no cat box.

I run the 20150FinalDynoMap with the mods for decel popping and L tables. I run this on my Tourer and it RUNS great!

Sounds like my tune? The TOR's are less restrictive. Wayne's final map tune for the TOR's with cat bypass is richer than the stock tune for the same configuration (20149) or the tune he made for SteveRed who has Staintunes. It's nice your bike runs great. I would have said the same thing before I got sucked into mods. If your'e going to spend $400 on Tuneboy or a PCIII (plus $250 for a custom dyno tune) you are presumably trying to optimize your tuning. If you don't care, then don't waste the money.

Back