triroketman

Supercharged
Hey Guys, I was thinking that I read on this forum that the speed limiter for a stock 06 Classic is 120mph. I got the chance to open her up on Friday and the Speedo was at 130 and climbing before I ran out of road. Just thought I would let you know.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

Hey Guys, I was thinking that I read on this forum that the speed limiter for a stock 06 Classic is 120mph. I got the chance to open her up on Friday and the Speedo was at 130 and climbing before I ran out of road. Just thought I would let you know.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

Depends on what tune the dealer loaded [prior to you oicking up the bike. As I understand, the bikes are shipped to the dealer without a tune installed. Sort of a clueless crated bike...............might have started life as a blonde but with the right tune, magically becomes a brunette.:D

HeR3tic: I'm new here, just got my '07 R3 one month ago and from perusing the forum here I have a minimal understanding of "rev limiters" and carb limiters in the first several gears.
Could you explain the concept behind a rev limiter and advise as to which gears are limited in their "punch" by their F.I. or secondary settings?
I hope I've made sense here. If not, be gentle, I'm sensitive and cry easily. Jimmyjet.

Sure...Triumph set the rev (RPM) limit at 6300. When you get there the engine acts like you just shoved a rag down it's throat. The secondaries are choked as well, quite considerably in 1st and 2nd, and partially in 3rd. Triumph is looking out for you :rolleyes: and they'd like you to realize that woppin 35-39 mpg:cool:

Keeping the RPM limit at 6300 is a good thing unless you're racing. Then it's all up to you and your wallet. With the secondaries opened to 100% there's really no need to want more...unless the old adage "more than a mouthful is a waste" has always left you hungry. Opening the 2ndary can be via screw driver and crowbar; or via TuneBoy and re-tuning the ECU. The former is a lot cheaper but a lot more work. There are several issues that can be resolved with a TuneBoy; and there's lot of posts herein related. You could go PowerCommander but you need to weigh the +/- 's In my book the only + to PC is maybe $50 savings; well that and the big step in Dyno tuning; which negates the $50 savings several times over; and you still don't have full power in all gears, you still have a 7% error in the spedo. You still have top speed limitation of 135; although I try to stay a tad under than anyway. And you have the decel popping, unless the latest slo-leak Triumph tune actually rids the bike of the fartin.

Was that everything or shall I go on :D

I have hit 140 several times:p, stock bike. You could ask my passanger if you can get her to stop smilling.

Paul:
If you speedometer is stock, it's just a tad over 130. It all depends what tune is loaded at the dealer. The one time I opened the bike up year before last on US23, I held it on the stop for around 5 miles and got to the end of the speedometer which is 134 or so. At that speed it's hard to tell exactly where the end is. It wouldn't go any faster but it was plenty fast enough to toast the VRod that I was waxing. Had to stop at the next get-off and get off myself. Close to a wet seat.:D

So you're saying....

Her3tic,

So you are saying if I buy a tune boy and have a laptop I can remove the restrictions in 1,2 and 3? Any when I do you'll be so kind as to walk me thought it?

Mitch

Back