Something Failed, let’s find it! Transmission Analysis.

Test rode a 1098S, Pearl White with Akra exhaust and tune today while I was out picking up bike lift to move the motor.

Angry...angry bike.

Only 10k and 2,200 miles...

Sorry I'm late to the party.....yes...turn it over and split the cases with impunity lol

If its not already done remember to rotate it clockwise (looking at the front of the engine ) so if you have shattered something it will stay in the trans cavity

Last edited:
....just read back through your initial few posts...my money is on the 2nd circlip on the output side being the culprit...i hope the damage is minimal!

Cryogenic aging merely increases the rate (time) of the transfomation of retained austenite in the material during the controled temperature reduction. The austenite will probably tramsform to a bainitic structure. In the old days they would throw it on the shelf and it would transform over time.
W/O Bentley would take all the steel for the chassis and engine / gearbox internal blanks and leave them outside for a minimum of 1 year before taking them back in for machining . Same thing I guess ? All I can say is that pre war steel is fookin hard !

Couldn’t sleep until this happened, being a slightly OCD person has its draw backs:

3339128F-935D-4463-81B1-CCCDCA8D3E65.jpeg 2CA2FD20-EEE7-4A7B-ABF0-D3CC9BF53084.jpeg

Congrats.jpg

....just read back through your initial few posts...my money is on the 2nd circlip on the output side being the culprit...i hope the damage is minimal!
I was wondering that also but I am not sure if his complete transmission was done by Robinson's (shafts also) or just gears. And what about the shimming? Just not sure so its hard to speculate.

W/O Bentley would take all the steel for the chassis and engine / gearbox internal blanks and leave them outside for a minimum of 1 year before taking them back in for machining . Same thing I guess ? All I can say is that pre war steel is fookin hard !
Which war are we talking about? Crimean, Boer..??:confused::confused:

Back