Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Looking for options to mount a rack behind a solo Corbin seat for touring on the Roadster. In the past I put the Corbin two-up seat with backrest on and pile gear on the passenger seat. The dry bag for my sleeping bag makes a good backrest.

I'm thinking that a rack would be better as it would lower the load quite a bit and maybe allow more grear, but most of the racks I see are purely decorative or only capable of securing a small purse, at best.

I see that Fehling makes one $$$ with a backrest (not sure I need the backrest), but the rack follows the curve of the fender down. That looks good, but I'd rather not fight gravity keeping the load on the bike.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for (currently out of stock). I wish it were longer. Is anyone familiar with this or have other suggestions?
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 5.26.25 AM.png

Or, if I can find a friend with some welding experience, what about this $31 made for Harley part and just adapt the mounting part up front and fabricate the strap bracket like seen on the Hepco? I'm sure someone has done something similar already.. share?
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.10.38 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 7.47.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 7.47.22 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Yeah I saw a post recently where someone said those mounts on the Harley rack lined up with the fender mounts for pilion seat bracket.

Otherwise pretty small and weight limited but backrest embedded tube mounts on Corbin seats are pretty strong. Maybe fit larger rack base to this aftermarket rack. I have one here in my shed I may use but I have the Fehling you posted too. @Tal had his Fehling fitted with a solo Corbin and was happy.

1610941084664.png

So far, the Harley racks I'm seeing have bolt spacing of 3.5", whereas by my measurements the space on the Roadster is about 5 1/8th. I wish I could weld, but have friends :).
Seems a simple plate across with two correctly spaced holes would get me halfway there. Then, the bracket for the back, which seems pretty straightforward.
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 3.16.53 AM.png

So far, the Harley racks I'm seeing have bolt spacing of 3.5", whereas by my measurements the space on the Roadster is about 5 1/8th. I wish I could weld, but have friends :).
Seems a simple plate across with two correctly spaced holes would get me halfway there. Then, the bracket for the back, which seems pretty straightforward.
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 3.16.53 AM.png
You definitely got friends :thumbsup:

IMG_3815.jpeg
IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3818.jpeg

IMG_3819.jpeg

I just installed the new rack and liking it, so far. I like the upswing in the back which is more functional than the ones that follow the line of the fender. It sits about flush with the top of the saddlebags, so I'll either need to pack smaller dry bags low and then longer on top, in order to be able open the saddlebags a little while on the road, or just put a stash bag on with the rest of the gear secured on the rack.

In the past I've used a Corbin 2up seat with backrest to stack gear, but this will keep the load lower.

Last edited:
Back