Slow but painful dismount....

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
So 21 bikes out on our monthly club ride yesterday...beautiful spring day for us down here...had been to Hanmer Springs and had lunch and were heading home. Four of us in a group with me the second bike. My cobber on his triple came up behind a jeep cherokee...we were only doing maybe 60 - 70 kph. Suddenly the jeep driver ...we drive on the left here...slowed down and veered left so Gordon braked hard...i came up fast and braked but was going to hit him so went to his right..the lady driver then turned right in front of me and i hit her right back corner throwing me off...i came down hard and broke 3 ribs..the bike has broken plastic bits up front and a leaking radiator....not too bad. I spent a few long hours in hospital having xrays and a ct scan...home now on painkillers....grrrrr...The bike is insured and has been collected and is in the tow guys yard where it will be assessed and delivered to the dealers for repair.
We have our high country poker run at the end of this month which i was really looking forward to so i now wont be going on that.

Wow! That's bad news. Broken bike and broken ribs. The bright side is you can heal and so can your new Rocket. It pains me to see a brand new bike involved in a crash. You will heal up fine and chicks dig scars. Don't be shy about showing them. Half of Placer county has seen my vasectomy scars.:p

I was on the ride with Tal but was in front and heading to the next bar as it was a warm day.

As I wasn't in much of a hurry I thought the boys would catch up before we got to the bar.

Didn't think much of it had a beer and a snack and no sign of TAL.

Rode out to the main highway saw 2 cops flying past get on the way home see two more and a meat wagon and that gets me wondering.

As there was a trail bike ride event on that some f wit pulled out of the paddock Infront the Traffic 3 vehicles we all had to brake heavy the road was empty behind me.

So I get home call TAL and tells that he was on the way to the hospital and his good lady had driven up to get him. It was a small off with broken ribs and heavy heart as he had damaged his pride and joy.

Will pop around during the week to see how he is.

Back