Slight glitch in 1st convoy, if I only had the Rocket here...

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Molinoman has landed...in Atlanta

Well, some surprising (or considering I am in Afghanistan...not surprising) events so far today. Somewhere in Kabul, there was a "huge" explosion, ordinarily I wouldn't worry too much about it, but because of it the roads are "black" which means no convoys in the near future. Hopefully in a few hours the military will review the situation and open the roads so that I can get out of here.

My main convoy to Bagram leaves tomorrow, so even if I don't leave till tomorrow morning I should be fine, if not, I could run into a problem. There is still Friday also to play with, it was supposed to be a day to just "wait" to get over so Saturday could roll around and I could finally fly out of here.

Hope things clear up, if I had a Rocket I would just ride it so fast to Bagram that I wouldn't have to worry about these "suicide" types.

At least there is one less idiot around, I just hope nobody innocent bought it.

Wish me luck.
Dennis
3 dtg!

Last edited:
We're gonna start workin' up the old Rocket mojo in your behalf... you'll get out of there..:D

Keep yourself safe... get back soon!!!

Relief

The roads did open up again, got out of Camp Black Horse and am finally at Camp Phoenix for the night.

I leave sometime tomorrow morning to go to Bagram Air Base (where VP Cheney was two weeks ago and they had a bomber at the gate there), should be there sometime around lunch or a little later. The trip is a high speed run of about 40 miles.

Start flying out of Afghanistan on Saturday.

Getting closer.
Dennis
3 dtg!

Dennis, I have not participated much in your threads. But I do want you to know that I read them all and have been anxious for you to get back home safe and sound. I am happy that you found this site, are buying a Rocket and have shared a little of your amazing journey with us.

Mojo?

Well the "mojo" must have worked as I did get out of one "Dodge", but tomorrow will bring another.
Thanks to all of you for the support and the well wishes.
Dennis
3 dtg!

My son-in-law just got back to Germany, I can't wait to hear the stories first hand. He and his group are all doing fine. Thanks to all of the troups. get home safely!!!!!

Back