Should I clean my wheels ?

Again @Lemieuxfan -- amply covered in a dozen years of collected wisdom easily revealed by the search function.
i do have the rear factory leather panniers back on; thanks to flip's restorative magic was able to save them. A key tip to pass on it really isn't the water that hurts these bags but the soap when you wash your bike- some will remove the bags before washing and this is wise but if your lazy like most you can get them wet just keep the soap away. The best stuff for your leather is blackrock which flip can also sell you. American Made leather care since 1976 (Nashville, tn- so you know its quality)

www.blackrock-leather.com

it is possible to clean the rims with the bags on; you really have to be in full ocd mode however..

Last edited:
The rims are one of the things I like about the Roadsters.
These Tourings have 25 of those "spoke things" to get in to. I have all of the stuff to polish them with, but from what I can see, they will stay shiny for ONE trip out. I don't know when I'll get up enough gumption to clean them right.

The rims are one of the things I like about the Roadsters.
These Tourings have 25 of those "spoke things" to get in to. I have all of the stuff to polish them with, but from what I can see, they will stay shiny for ONE trip out. I don't know when I'll get up enough gumption to clean them right.
you really have to fire up some good tunes on a streaming music app and maybe have a few beers-the powder laundry detergent I get at cheap dollar store actually does work in braking up the grim/tar like substance from rim. then you have to move the bike a few times to get whole wheel... it sucks but when its finished your rims will make your rocket shine

Mine came coated with a hand painted stripe. IMG_0531.JPG A little bit of turtle wax and done. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back