DANNO

.060 Over
I am thinking about some new rear shocks for the red beast. I see a lot of guys use Progressives. Anyone want to give me their take on this. Thanks

I have the 12.5" Progressive 440's. They are one of the best bargains going in my book. I wish I got them a little taller to give me some more conering clearance though. Who knows, maybe I will sell mine on ebay one day and get the 13 or 13.5" shocks.

If you don't want to spend the 350-400 bucks for the 440's Progressive has other models that Rocket riders have used and enjoy. Of course if you want a better suspension you can check out Wilbers, WP, maybe Ohlins, I suppose the sky is the limit. Whatever fits the VTX1800 should fit our bikes so you can check out other manufacturers if you want to shop around for other brands.

Shocks

I have 11.5 progressives 440 but I hear everyone saying that the 412 will work and they are half the price also 11.5 doesn't effect the rake in anyway noticeable:bch:

I got a 12inch instead of the stock 12.5. I have tried both the heavy duty and standard springs. The hd springs feel just the same as stock. The standards are great (big improvement over stock) however you will bottom out on occasion with two average weight riders. So maybe the standard length or longer would be OK.

Danno,you ask,we share.Progressives were the first mod for me.I got the 4213-C or the 13in. chrome.Best for guys 6' or more.More lean clearance and better leg position.Makes the beast so much better over bumps period.

I love my Progressive 440's.... I take them to bed with me every night.

Seriously... a huge improvement over stock. This should be on everyone's list...

They Aren't Here

I ordered a pair of 440-4233 HD 13" shocks and it's been a good 6-8 weeks. I don't know what's wrong because Progressive says they have them in stock but my dealer can't get them from the supplier. Seems like too many cogs in the wheel. Anybody have suggestions on how to expedite the situation?

The supplier is the same one that told me my First Gear Mesh jacket would take a week and it took a month. The day I showed up to complain, I was told he hid in the supply room and wouldn't come out. GREAT......that's the guy I need for my shocks. Isn't it amazing how it only takes that "One Bad Apple" to mess up the whole deal.

Don't even get me started on Arai helmets. I've had that order in for 2 months and no response and this one is listed as available out of the catalog. Okay, enough ranting for now. Just had to VENT a bit. It's time for pajamas and milk so Goodnight everyone.

:) I know some of the Captains have listed several good direct buy sites for the Progressives at a decent price....around the $388/pair range for the 440's...

ok guys, my question to this question is i'm 5'8'' and 175 lbs. aren't the 440's a bit much for me ? i ride solo and was thinking perhaps the 418's since they look so sharp. part number for these with standard springs ?
got the floor boards on next is that darn ignition key. with the windvest it's driving me nuts. only 3 more weeks ? till the pipemaster pipes....

The 440's don't give a stiffer ride... it is a softer yet much more controled ride. You actually get some real rear suspension travel that isn't out of control and it makes for a much nicer ride. At your size and weight you should notice a big improvement over stock.

Maybe you should try the 418's if you like their looks... why not. Progressive makes some good stuff and I'll bet they are comparable to the 440's. Are they less expensive? You might be onto a good alternative here...

Back