Rear shocks upgrade

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring
I have just received a pair of rear shocks from Mike Capon at Shock Factory. These are beautifully engineered and are built bespoke to your individual requirements (weight, length, ride height etc). The best bit is the price - they're cheaper than Hagon's and are on a par with Wilbers for quality in my humble opinion (I have had both Wilbers and Hagon's in the past). The adjusters for damping are easy to access and have a nice positive 'click', the unique feature of these shocks is the compression and rebound adjust at the same time. At £312.00 to the door and only three days from ordering to arriving these are a raging bargain ! I've had a rear shock from Mike before (on a Honda Transalp) and it was a superb quality bit of kit that transformed the bike. For pictures and more details click on the link below -

Welcome to Shock Factory

Sadly the weather has fallen to bits in the UK so I'll not get a chance to try these until next year, booo.

Last edited:
Of course the Pound has not fallen far enough to make this deal rage enough for US Dollars! Come on England....devalue the pound and see your exports increase! Two chickens in every pot!

Holy Cow, they actually make one for my CBR 1000F (Honda Hurricane). No one, and I mean NO ONE, has made a shock for that bike in years. I will suffer the exchange rate and get it while the getting is good. :)

bob

I have just received a pair of rear shocks from Mike Capon at Shock Factory. These are beautifully engineered and are built bespoke to your individual requirements (weight, length, ride height etc). The best bit is the price - they're cheaper than Hagon's and are on a par with Wilbers for quality in my humble opinion (I have had both Wilbers and Hagon's in the past). The adjusters for damping are easy to access and have a nice positive 'click', the unique feature of these shocks is the compression and rebound adjust at the same time. At £312.00 to the door and only three days from ordering to arriving these are a raging bargain ! I've had a rear shock from Mike before (on a Honda Transalp) and it was a superb quality bit of kit that transformed the bike. For pictures and more details click on the link below -

Welcome to Shock Factory

Sadly the weather has fallen to bits in the UK so I'll not get a chance to try these until next year, booo.
I read you can adjust compression , rebound and damping yet I only see damping and rebound on their site info sheet can you explain how you adjust compression thanks

Patrick from what I read on the website I assume compression is compensated by you telling them your riding weights. And they have one of those adjustable rings to adjust the preload on the spring.

The single adjuster operates compression & rebound at the same time but as a ratio. For every 'click' of compression damping you get 25% rebound damping, so four clicks of compression would equal one of rebound. It works really well and I had my former Honda Transalp dialed in in no time. Very durable too as that was used in winter (road salt, put away wet etc) and still looked like new the next spring. At the end of the day too much compression damping can make a bike uncomfortably hard and unpleasant, too much rebound can make a bike dangerous as you can get 'pump down', this set up pretty much stops that.

Back