I searched everywhere for last minute 440's and as expected they ranged in price from $479.95 to $669.95. I ended up buying them from Summit Racing (They have Saturday hours). Turned out they were one of the least expensive anyway. Other places asking under $500 wanted well over $20+ shipping and they couldn't get them for two weeks (who knows when they would get to me). The MOST expensive was from Progressive directly, and they wanted $669.95 PLUS shipping (also NOT open on weekends). So in the end Summit is open weekends, provides drop shipping direct from Progressive, offers free shipping ($12 handling) AND was among the lowest cost overall.

I ordered a set of 440-4209 B (black) for $529.95 and a set of front springs 11-1529 for $75.95. Total $618.85 .... Sure I could have gotten them a bit cheaper, but Summit has good customer service, easy returns, Saturday hours and I'M LAZY! :p
(seriously though, my time has some value ... really ... it does! Honest, I'm not cheap!)

The best part of it all is that as long as Progressive has them in stock (can't imagine that they wouldn't), I'll have them in 2-3 business days. Plenty of time before the Delmarva ride on the 15th !! YAHOO!!! ... I'll probably wait until I get back to install the front fork springs unless I'm feeling industrious.

I opted for the Black powder coated, 12-1/2 inch, non-HD (Heavy Duty) since I seldom have company and want the most comfortable ride possible with good weight transfer. Chose black to break up all the chrome for a different look.

I'll keep you posted on how they work out.
:cool:
So if anyone is interested in Summit Racing ... it's Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030 open Saturday.

Thanks Hellfire

Back