Shocks (Asking more)

Flip,
If your talking about this , " Just changing the springs without changing fork oil is like taking a shower and putting on dirty underwear."
its alright if you turn the skid-mark side out. Sometime you just have to improvise!

Hellfire,
would changing the height add any stress else where ?
I thought that the standard 440's were rated for single riders at 200 lbs. The heavy duty 440's should not be too stiff, but I haven't tried any aftermarket shocks yet.

Flip,
If your talking about this , " Just changing the springs without changing fork oil is like taking a shower and putting on dirty underwear."
its alright if you turn the skid-mark side out. Sometime you just have to improvise!

Hellfire,
would changing the height add any stress else where ?
I thought that the standard 440's were rated for single riders at 200 lbs. The heavy duty 440's should not be too stiff, but I haven't tried any aftermarket shocks yet.
I wouldn't think a little would make much difference, but going extreme either way can't be good. You do have a drive shaft U-joint to worry about if you went and jacked it up in the air, and fender rubbing if lowered too far.
That's why I'm trying them to see if I like them, if they hold up next week I'll keep em.

Sorry to throw a wrench into things, but I just finished an 800 mile trip with new shocks, fork springs, and oil from Wilbers. I bought them through the Beemer Shop in Ca. The people there couldn't be nicer. Lots of info required to order. What do you weigh? Your passenger? What type of riding? What percentage? Loading? Touring? Cruising? Sport touring? Etc, ... I installed everything myself. (Anyone need help, please ask) The only change was some pre-load, due to gear. This was done at the first breakfast stop in Bailey, Co. (Just at the bottom of the hill. The locals know.:)) Great ride. Good damping. No funky "God, is the front ever going to stick) stuff. I've had Ohlins before on BMWs, and was convinced to try the Wilbers. They sell Ohlins also, and they are more expensive. Like I said, nice people. Yes, they are not cheap, but, you won't be wondering if you could have done better. Next challenge: Geez, where is all this heat coming from? Wings on the rad, ala gold wing, maybe??? It has been suggested to kill the cat.

Sorry to throw a wrench into things, but I just finished an 800 mile trip with new shocks, fork springs, and oil from Wilbers. I bought them through the Beemer Shop in Ca. The people there couldn't be nicer. Lots of info required to order. What do you weigh? Your passenger? What type of riding? What percentage? Loading? Touring? Cruising? Sport touring? Etc, ... I installed everything myself. (Anyone need help, please ask) The only change was some pre-load, due to gear. This was done at the first breakfast stop in Bailey, Co. (Just at the bottom of the hill. The locals know.:)) Great ride. Good damping. No funky "God, is the front ever going to stick) stuff. I've had Ohlins before on BMWs, and was convinced to try the Wilbers. They sell Ohlins also, and they are more expensive. Like I said, nice people. Yes, they are not cheap, but, you won't be wondering if you could have done better. Next challenge: Geez, where is all this heat coming from? Wings on the rad, ala gold wing, maybe??? It has been suggested to kill the cat.

stonkers which model springs/shocks did they give you to use? I'm thinking about giving Ohlins a call as well....

Best price I have seen with free shipping

These are for a valkyrie, but are the same size. 13 inch, chrome hds for 536.99 shipped. I have ordered a lot of parts for my valkyrie from these guys and they are top notch people to deal with. Here is a link

Directline Product Page

LS

If you check progressive web page they have the same part numbers.

I wouldn't think a little would make much difference, but going extreme either way can't be good. You do have a drive shaft U-joint to worry about if you went and jacked it up in the air, and fender rubbing if lowered too far.
That's why I'm trying them to see if I like them, if they hold up next week I'll keep em.

Where did you purchase/what type did you buy to get a chance to return?

rac

I went through summit racing for the shocks. Summit has good prices, direct drop shipping from the factory and a very liberal return/exchange policy.

I'm a short Bastard and switched over the the 440 HD lowered 1 inch. What an incredible difference both in ride comfort and handling. HD all the way!!!

Back