thanks for the link pg9r. ordered a bunch of stuff last night, nothing on tv so why not spend money on the bike, so lets keep the trend going. pg are you le. just ask for some reason some comment you made made me think so. i did oc sheriffs and long beach pd.

tom , i'm gonna give the 418's a go. like to try new stuff like the pipemaster pipes , whenever they get here, and i ordered the newr3 cat by pass not the triumph. what the heck lets see how it works.

:) I know some of the Captains have listed several good direct buy sites for the Progressives at a decent price....around the $388/pair range for the 440's...

Where are they available at this price ?

Big improvement!

Just put some miles on with my new 440's (black of course), big improvement over stock. I used to feel every crack in the road, now they are blended out much better. I did bottom out on a very rough intersection so I will crank them down a little more. Wish I would have done this sooner. Outside of the screen and lowers, it's improved the comfort better than anything else.

Heading to KC tomorrow 2 up, should learn a lot more...getting read for RAA.:cool:

Also put on my union jack valve stem caps, maybe that's it. I'm just goin crazy with the bling!:D

Has anyone seen a good price on the 440's lately? Last year they were running that special with front fork springs free. I'd really like to get a set installed before Delmarva bike week the 15th. I haven't seen any good deals lately and have probably waited too long now to get them before I leave.

I've looked high and low and can't find anything near that $388 price. I don't see any responses to my question either. All I see are prices in the $450 plus range. I too would like a set, but in this economy I prefer to eat so I'll put a little more air in my AirHawk and make do.:(

Went for it!

I searched everywhere for last minute 440's and as expected they ranged in price from $479.95 to $669.95. I ended up buying them from Summit Racing (They have Saturday hours). Turned out they were one of the least expensive anyway. Other places asking under $500 wanted well over $20+ shipping and they couldn't get them for two weeks (who knows when they would get to me). The MOST expensive was from Progressive directly, and they wanted $669.95 PLUS shipping (also NOT open on weekends). So in the end Summit is open weekends, provides drop shipping direct from Progressive, offers free shipping ($12 handling) AND was among the lowest cost overall.

I ordered a set of 440-4209 B (black) for $529.95 and a set of front springs 11-1529 for $75.95. Total $618.85 .... Sure I could have gotten them a bit cheaper, but Summit has good customer service, easy returns, Saturday hours and I'M LAZY! :p
(seriously though, my time has some value ... really ... it does! Honest, I'm not cheap!)

The best part of it all is that as long as Progressive has them in stock (can't imagine that they wouldn't), I'll have them in 2-3 business days. Plenty of time before the Delmarva ride on the 15th !! YAHOO!!! ... I'll probably wait until I get back to install the front fork springs unless I'm feeling industrious.

I opted for the Black powder coated, 12-1/2 inch, non-HD (Heavy Duty) since I seldom have company and want the most comfortable ride possible with good weight transfer. Chose black to break up all the chrome for a different look.

I'll keep you posted on how they work out.
:cool:
So if anyone is interested in Summit Racing ... it's Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030 open Saturday.

Last edited:
Back