Stock shocks are crap
I put a set of Gaza Hyper X shocks took a bit of setting up but the back end handles like a dream for a big bike.
Even with the Missus and about 100kg of her stuff on the back it still handles pretty good.
The genuine shocks just fade so quick.

Progressive 430's are the absolute best for the R3's.

I found them to fade on rough roads particularly when full loaded with the wife and the Kitchen sink. They are not as good as a Piggyback fully adjustable shock.
Not saying they are a bad shock they kill the std shocks that's for sure but saying that with the Gazi's it took a bit of time to get them dialled in and the right springs.

The 430 are midlevel even for Progressive aren't they?

430 SERIES SHOCKS​

High pressure gas mono tube design with deflective disk damping to insure high performance ride control the 430 Series can also be mounted rod up or rod down, depending on your application. Threaded pre-load adjusters allow for tool-less adjustment, and effortless tuning of ride quality. First of their kind, machined aluminum spring perches and street rod styling of the new 430 Series are complimented by smooth lines and a polished chrome body. Available in chrome or contrast cut black anodized finish to match the look of your bike. Every shock is hand-built, tuned and dyno’d and come with a lifetime warranty.

Dual headlight Roadster etc

Single headlight Touring

412 slightly better than stock
430's mid level improvement from stock
444 best of range at mid price for a std body shock

Many other brands have similar grades available but higher end aftermarket performance normally drop the '412 level' stock equivalents.
Piggyback and remote reservoir shocks with hydraulic adjustment etc are another step up but still only about half way to the top end available but often more track than street/touring orientated the further you go.

Seems most manufacturers skimp on suspension. Do you think because that many riders don’t care about quality suspension or it’s such a personal mod that it’s better left to let rider’s mod to suit tastes?

Manufacturers gotta fit something for everyone so it normally isnt the best and i think suspension is an upgraded item on alot of bikes. Especially nowadays with so much performance stuff going on, suspension definitely is obvious when improved with better stuff. I have race tech on touring and theyre impressive

Gents, I am having a hell of a time finding progressive 444's for my 2015 Roadster. I don't need the heavy duty as I'm only 185. I suppose I don't really care if they are the 12.5's or the 13in lengths. I can find the 444's in stock and in several different part numbers and lengths. From what I've read here, 444-4209B has been one a few of y'all have purchased for our rockets. Can't find those in stock anywhere. So my question is, which part number and lengths will work well with my carpenter rocket?

Back