Shipping Parts to the OZ and a Apology

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
About 7 years ago I had to part out a 2006 R3T. Last night I remembered that I sold probably 50% to people in the OZ land. What I did was split the shipping with them. I just remembered it last night. Now I am selling for a different reason. The bike is being converted to a Trike. Now to the point. My policy is that I will pay shipping in the lower 48 states, Australia is a bit past our borders, and can jack the postage way up. What I'll do is pay 1/2 of the postage. You can find the list in the classified.
This morning I got a reply about a drive shaft and ABS ring. The total would have been $70 plus shipping. I went out to our RV trailer where we have all the parts stored. They weighed in at about 7 lbs with box & packing. The cheapest shipping has always been the US postal system. Then came the shock. I do not know if it the US postal system's greed or Australia's fault. The total came out to $90.00, or 45 for each of us. subtract that from the 70. I double-checked with FedEx and it would have been $322.
It would ok on a larger order, say the saddlebags. I am still willing to half but I have to feel like I am getting something for my part, time & trouble.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I was going to sell my stock bars awhile back and just to ship from the DC area to Texas was going to be @ $50 and that was by far the cheapest option (USPS), so we both agreed that the shipping made it a no go for us. I can only imagine shipping down under.

I totally agree. I was going to sell my stock bars awhile back and just to ship from the DC area to Texas was going to be @ $50 and that was by far the cheapest option (USPS), so we both agreed that the shipping made it a no go for us. I can only imagine shipping down under.
I tried to ship a set of Classic bars to OZ a few years back. Talk about crazy money. Shipping quote started at over $800 but with working down through some different categories and package configurations we were able to get it down to just over $500. Yeah that $75 sale went Kaboom.

Back