Sheepskin...

I have my black sheepskin wrapped around a couple of gel pads and encased in a black 3D mesh net like a good but furry ham at the moment.

I haven't used it since I got the Russell Daylong.

Nah couldn't be bothered so just dug up the old post, but I'm sure if I bothered to look I could find a white one!;):D
Under a buck from AliBaba for bulk orders

Motorcycle 3d Mesh Seat Cover, Motorcycle 3d Mesh Seat Cover Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com

eBay for 1 piece from £3.17 with free shipping but the random colour selection on this bargain would put me off! They even have a Rainbow one ;):p:D

Fits Motorcycle 3D Wear-Resisting Breathable Mesh Seat Cover Cushion | eBay

Better to spend an extra few pence and get the colour you want.
Motorcycle mesh seat covers | eBay

From US$4.25 with free shipping

From AUD$5.48 with free shipping

These do not look like they would give enough depth between your bottom and the seat to give any air flow at all.

What am I missing? I would love to get some airflow under my seat in hot, humid Florida.

These do not look like they would give enough depth between your bottom and the seat to give any air flow at all.

What am I missing? I would love to get some airflow under my seat in hot, humid Florida.
Sometimes it takes an act of faith. They work. And at 5 bucks a pop - it's not going to ruin you.

Do not wear thin trousers or you will discover how rigid the material is against flabby bottom. I ride ATGATT so it's never been a problem, A friend who decided to ride wearing her tennis skirt discovered how well the 3D mesh does not compress. A similar concept to a bed of nails.

You want beads then. US company
Home - BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats

'Ultimate' Ceramic beads are tough as nails. The standard 'Classic' wood bead versions are said to be good but I had cheap Taiwanese ones years ago for car seats and the wooden beads in those did crack and split.
Classic BeadRider Seat Set (Rider & Pillion)
$55.95
Ultimate BeadRider Set (Front & Pillion)
$94.95
They are expensive and I was surprised to see they use nylon line like the Chinese cheapies did years ago. Hopefully it is much better quality as that used to be cheap fishing line on the car seat one years ago and they broke/wore/or degraded in UV light with sections unravelling like a worn out knitted pullover.

For most bike models they come with a separate rider and pillion section in different sizes.

I got a pair of the US Beadrider ones on Gumtree locally, brand new never used, for much less than what they would have cost shipped to OZ. ;)

They are very good quality with thick nylon line and ceramic beads. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The previous owner of my Leather Russell Daylong had them on it too apparently but I have not seen the need yet.

Classic-BeadRider-Seat-Set-Rider-Pillion.jpg

Ultimate-BeadRider-Set-Front-Pillion.jpg

The Front Seat (Rider)
standardfront.jpg

The Back Seat (Pillion)
pavillion.jpg

Steps to Measure
1. Width: Measure across the widest part of the seat.
2. Length: Starting 1” from the gas tank measure straight to the back of the seat. Do not include any backrest or rise in the seat.

Another option, not suited to naked riders;):D:p

181271856_vintage-veteran-motorcycle-sprung-saddle-frame-bsa-.jpg

Can feature myself sitting on a bunch of threaded marbles. First saw that type of thing back in the early 90s when I was stationed in Washington DC where most of the Middle Eastern cab drivers had the seats and back covered with them. Must work.

I bought a nice sheepskin from Alaska Leathers years ago and it helped with the long rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want beads then. US company
Home - BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats

'Ultimate' Ceramic beads are tough as nails. The standard 'Classic' wood bead versions are said to be good but I had cheap Taiwanese ones years ago for car seats and the wooden beads in those did crack and split.

They are expensive and I was surprised to see they use nylon line like the Chinese cheapies did years ago. Hopefully it is much better quality as that used to be cheap fishing line on the car seat one years ago and they broke/wore/or degraded in UV light with sections unravelling like a worn out knitted pullover.

For most bike models they come with a separate rider and pillion section in different sizes.

I got a pair of the US Beadrider ones on Gumtree locally, brand new never used, for much less than what they would have cost shipped to OZ. ;)

They are very good quality with thick nylon line and ceramic beads. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Front Seat (Rider)
standardfront.jpg

I've had my wooden BeadRider for five years now and only had a single bead break this past weekend. I feel I am getting my $39 worth from this particular seat cover.

Wow. I thought at first you was all talking about a different kind of beads and thought it was getting kind of Kinky. Brought back some memoirs of a port visit in Spain but after reading a bit was really disappointed. Hot sweet and cool for some of us has a different definition when it comes to beads. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Beads in the seat means something entirely different to me:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back