Sheepskin....

Nope.... it didn't shrink a bit. The ones from Alaska Leather are real sheepshin hide that are tanned and dyed, I think that after they are tanned they hold up pretty well. The dye didn't run either, and it stayed supple. My cat is in love with it.

Cats have excellent smellers

Toystoretom said:
Nope.... it didn't shrink a bit. My cat is in love with it.

Cats have an acute sense of smell as well as sight. It must have an appealing aroma to it.:p

In so much as cats, my wife has about 40 running around the farm. The population fluctuates constantly. I think we have some invisible to humans' sign out front that says "Kitty Motel" There are also 4 feline residents in the house and 3 canine ones too.:D

I'm short on dogs right now.... our last one (who was absolutely ancient) went to the big dog house in the sky recently. The silly cats don't need constant care and we can even leave for a day or two and as they are cats... don't even seem to miss us. It makes it easier to take off on the bike and go somewhere. I might get a new Peke however... they fit well in saddlebags and are the most evil small dogs ever created :D, which is why almost no one has them....

Cats

Have a couple of inherent problems. The get hair balls and puke and it seems like they always upchuck on my computer desk and.......we had a whizzer (it's outside now) after the little kitty about whizzed my 700 dollar Lazy Boy to death. I've cleaned it 3 times now with descenter and it still stinks. If it wasn't so expensive and almost new, I'd put it on the burn pile. I have plans for the whizzer so long as my wife don't catch me.:D

You need a Chilupa dog. We have one. Great dogs no shedding, very territorial and good ankle biters. Current residents are a Chilupa, a Rot and 3 labs. A chocolate, a white/tan and a black.

Wife buys the pet food and pet treats.:D

Forgot to add, we have stock in the local veterinary practice.

Forgot to add, we have stock in the local veterinary practice.
I feel your pain.... we put two pets down this year (after trying to "cure" them on the advice of our vet) and then had to have the new ones checked out... spayed/neutered... shots... declawed... and on and on..

Plus... we had the deceased critters cremated because the wife was so upset. I'll bet you don't worry too much about that on the farm. Anyway... the pet's vet bills took a serious bite out of the play money fund that would have otherwise been spent on Rocket goodies.

Such is life.

Cats And Sheep

I am taking about a two hundred mile ride Sunday (9-17-06) so I will be searching for a monkey butt solution also. May try the good old J.C. Whitney sheep skin- gel fill route. (I know the iron butt Captains are laughing their inert asses off now, but I'm old and stuff hurts more.) I would also like to comment on my cat. GREY CAT was rescued from the local SPCA by my wife. For some reason she took an immediate dislike to my wife for saving her life and worships me. I was never a big cat lover but I am enjoying this scenario. My darling wife was on the computer the other night and the cat left her a present directly behind her chair and not 8 feet from her litter box. She has 8 toes on all four paws and is known as a Hemingway. (The cat not my wife.) Apparently the light stepping writer raised them at his home in Floridia. To add to the cat's charm she is missing her top tooth from age and her tongue is always hanging out of the side of her mouth. She bosses both of shephards around and follows me wherever I go. My final question is, can you stuff a cat with gel?

Correction

The cat is sitting here in my lap as I type this. I counted, she only has 6 toes on each one of her four wheel drive looking feet. It must be the wife that has 8. **** I'm glad she never comes to this site.

britman said:
The cat is sitting here in my lap as I type this. I counted, she only has 6 toes on each one of her four wheel drive looking feet. It must be the wife that has 8. **** I'm glad she never comes to this site.

Ahmen to that. We have 2 computers in the library with computer desks back to back. Wifey is at the other computer as of present so I have to censor my typing or stand the risk of getting thumped, or worse.

Cat's, I believe can be recycled into gel pads or a reasonable summation thereof....in legal speak.:D

I believe that cats leave deposits outside of the litter box just for spite. Remember though, cat deposits are dog treats so next time Fido gives you a big lick on the puss, remember where that licker might have been.:roll:

Got my Alaska Leather one inch sheep skin pad. Will have it on @ Kehde's BBQ this Sunday.Sure is nice for the price.:)

Our Papillon(that's a dog for you muts out there:D ) felt threatened by the large sized sheepskin, circling with tail between the legs and ears rearward. After some teasing she accepted the skin into the fold,.......DON'T read anything into the last sentence Manic Mechanic!:rolleyes: :D

Back