Sheepskin....

I have a Airhawk cushion, they are expensive, but the best you can get. Never had a problem with it sliding off, even though it does just sit on the saddle. This year, I have to get another one for my wife who used mine last year and loved it.

Here is a link to another outfit that many in our Victory club use, and love.

www.alaskaleather.com

Pat.

Toystoretom said:
No... its not diploma time. Does anyone know where to buy quality sheepskin to put on your seat to help fight monkeybutt? Can you use fake sheepskin or should it be the real thing? When we were on our ride last weekend the fellow on the BMW sport bike was just dying of monkeybutt, he was in real agony. At one stretch we went an hour and a half without stopping... I was in pretty good shape but I think it could be better with a sheepskin. I see many people use them.
I just recieved a new J.C. Whitney and they have a pretty good price on the sheep skin with gell insert. It may be from a "cheap sheep" but maybe someone has tried one.

I just purchased a sheepskin from Alaska Leather. I will get to try it out tomorrow but the real rest will be my ride to KC and back. If you can wait 2 weeks I will give a 2-3 thousand mile report on it :).

Tom

So.... a cowboy is riding across the desert when he spots a guy walking with a dog, a sheep and a horse. The cowboy rides up to him and asks if the animals all belong to him. The stranger says "Sure, they are all mine". The cowboy asks if he can talk to the dog and the stranger looks at him funny and says "The dog can't talk". The cowboy asks the dog if the stranger is a good master to him and the dog replies "He sure is... he feeds me well and takes me out for a walk every day". The stranger looks at the dog in total disbelief...

The cowboy asks the stranger if he can talk to the horse. The stranger again replies.."The horse doesn't talk". The cowboy then asks the horse if the stranger is a good master to him and the horse replies "He sure is... he just got me a new set of shoes, he brushes me every day and gives me apples for a treat"! The stranger can't believe what he is hearing and is totally shocked.

The cowboy then asks if he can talk to the sheep and the stranger replies "The sheep lies"!

:roll:

Tomo:

You are as rotten as I am.

Hondax is never going to live that statement down.:p

Years ago, when I had another brand (won't mention the brand), I had a sheep skin on the seat and it was comfortable. Problem is, if it starts raining, you'd better put it in a saddle bag right away or when it gets wet and starts to dry, it stinks. I also have a sheepskin seat cover on the tractor seat (the one I use all the time). I got that from JC Whitney and it too is comfortable. It don't ever get wet, it's a cab tractor.

Last edited:
Sure gets deep in here sometimes,and that is as far as I'm going to go.For what it's worth I purchased an Alaskaleather skin cover and with 2500 miles have no complaints.I've been rained on many times.I stop and put on a rainsuit and put the skin in the saddlebag under ideal conditions.When I need a shower I get wet.Then I just sling the skin against my fist and the water flies off.

:) Alaskan sheepskins are great too...I alternate that with an Air Hawk from Davo down under

My sheepskin got soaked when I rode up to Marne... I just hung it up to dry and its just like new, you can't tell that it was ever wet. No smells... well at least from the sheepskin. :eek:

Back