No excuses for my poor condition. I made a few bad choices in life and busted my guts out working as an industrial construction electrician and a stint as an underground coal mine electrician. Bad back and bad knees. The knees seem to be a genetic predisposition as aunts and uncles have had knee replacement surgery. I refuse the knife ( so far). You know I ride the wheels off of them. Just rode 700 plus miles in a day on this past Memorial Day. Its not my catastrophic failure I fear, Obama Care will fix me. Its the Rockets reliability and cost to repair. Just got my insurance bill for both bikes for a year. Ouch. No tickets and it's dang near $800.

Gotta do what you gotta do and I hope it all works out for you to keep riding happily for years to come!
No matter what, you'll always be a rocket captain!

Josey...hate to hear you're giving up the Rocket and Storm, but I understand. I tend to lean more toward comfy when I hit the road for a long trip as well. The ride down to Key West last January saw me on the Ultra Classic and I was ****ed proud of it after two days in the rain. A full fairing and a comfortable seat means I can walk and enjoy myself when I get where I'm going and don't have to spend a couple of days in bed recovering. Good luck with whichever bike you land on. Safe roads...

If you've never driven a side car rig, I urge you to try one before you make a decision. Mine is about as small and light a rig as I've seen, and I'll tell you, they STRONGLY resist being turned from a straight line. Two people you never want to arm wrestle are a pipe fitter and a guy that drives a side car. I only fart around with mine, winter riding or taking my dogs to the club, I wouldn't want to do distances on it.

My Rocket (with all the touring gear fitted) is the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. Not sure that my experience doing a couple of hundred kilometre rides on a HD Tourer would put those bikes in a class above my RIII. Rather travel on my Rocket to be honest .. never ridden a new Thunderbird so can't comment.

Insurance has been coming up a lot latey for reasons to sell. I have full coverage on both bikes my 06 R3s and my 13 s3 se both for $ 3000.00 over book which basically means they're gonna fix it no matter what. but i'm only paying $450.00 a year for both bikes and i'm not using them for my cars, house, etc. Join hog you don't have to join a local chapter or wear a patch or anything just call harley davidson ins, my underwriter is foremost. I even have a mover and a bike accident with this co. Everybody should check them out.

Back