JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
Its a tough market for used bikes these days. I am selling or trying to sell my 2006 oClassic and it helps that they don't have that model out there. I have all the OEM parts including cat box and pipes.

In order to move it my thoughts are to part out the accessories like Corbin bags and fairing and Tors and rear wheel and trailer hitch and Progressive 440a's etc. Your opinions ? What price for an all original stock Classic with 39,000 on it ? Red and.White color.

it might make it more appealing with all the accessory on it and you can always come down if they don't want something like the bags or hitch. the acc's go for about 1/2 price and some more if in great shape.
i might be interested in the hitch if you decide to sell.

If you are selling out right, use KBB value ($7700) for the bike and add your accessories at 50% of what you paid for it, that should be a good starting point.
If you bring the bike back to stock then you can expect 50-75% for your accessories and the hassles of getting each individual piece sold and shipped.

I went through this exercise twice with previous R3's, if I ever sell the 2014 it will be as is for everything on the bike.

I would be interested in the hitch as well since I have corbin bags and need a hitch that will work with them.

Don't do it but if you do i would love to take the first shot at the bags, i'm bagless now:(

Dont do it youll regret it as you said they don't make them like that any more She's a Collector

I have been following Fred's output bearing woes and you know I already replaced my shaft and after speaking with Rainman and Wendy it's more than I wish to deal with going forth. Either the dark side puts too much stress on the spline s or they are made in France and would eventually give up anyway. Eight years ago I was a happy torque addict. Love Triumph. Loved the bike. Its different just like me. My life has changed and me with it. The lack of a caliper in the US only served to piss me off.
I hear a chirp on my Storm now which means the belt is tracking to one side, more work. I am adding and a HELL of a lot less mobile. Don't know how long I can keep working at the day job and the government has warned me no to pursue my hobby. Two bikes equals two insurance policies, tags, property tax here in NC every year and Lori and I are together because of motorcycles and two up adventures. She does not enjoy the Storm at all. Its time. The weight of the Rocket on my right leg is becoming more difficult to bear. Tire prices are to danged high. They just don't match my life now financially our physically. Walking downstairs or this mountain hurts like hell. Up is ok, down sucks. Kicking a Bonnie destroyed my right knee asking with a gung ho attitude in working construction. I love the notoriety of the Rocket and my Storm but.............

I hope you never come to this bridge, I am on the bridge now and can't turn around. Sadly. I can grab all three throttle she had to offer and I have already ground the warning nuts of my Storm pegs but that does not include Lori. I said the RIII was to be the last bike I ever bought, then the Storm rolled in. Its fun but.............

Tis one of the hardest things I have had to decide in the last 20 years but I age. We both crawl off the bike after burning a tank full. What price is too much for wind and therapy. I bought the R III and the Storm with no test rides. I will text drive the next Josey Wales mount because as we approach 60 the next ride will probably be it.

If nothing else goes, I may trike it. I hate to give up because if you have ever met me then you know the phrase "give up" does not pass through my lips.

Last edited:
I have been following Fred's output bearing woes and you know I already replaced my shaft and after speaking with Rainman and Wendy it's more than I wish to deal with going forth. Either the dark side puts too much stress on the spline s or they are made in France and would eventually give up anyway. Eight years ago I was a happy torque addict. Love Triumph. Loved the bike. Its different just like me. My life has changed and me with it. The lack of a caliper in the US only served to piss me off.
I hear a chirp on my Storm now which means the belt is tracking to one side, more work. I am adding and a HELL of a lot less mobile. Don't know how long I can keep working at the day job and the government has warned me no to pursue my hobby. Two bikes equals two insurance policies, tags, property tax here in NC every year and Lori and I are together because of motorcycles and two up adventures. She does not enjoy the Storm at all. Its time. The weight of the Rocket on my right leg is becoming more difficult to bear. Tire prices are to danged high. They just don't match my life now financially our physically. Walking downstairs or this mountain hurts like hell. Up is ok, down sucks. Kicking a Bonnie destroyed my right knee asking with a gung ho attitude in working construction. I love the notoriety of the Rocket and my Storm but.............

I hope you never come to this bridge, I am on the bridge now and can't turn around. Sadly. I can grab all three throttle she had to offer and I have already ground the warning nuts of my Storm pegs but that does not include Lori. I said the RIII was to be the last bike I ever bought, then the Storm rolled in. Its fun but.............

Tis one of the hardest things I have had to decide in the last 20 years but I age. We both crawl off the bike after burning a tank full. What price is too much for wind and therapy. I bought the R III and the Storm with no test rides. I will text drive the next Josey Wales mount because as we approach 60 the next ride will probably be it.

If nothing else goes, I may trike it. I hate to give up because if you have ever met me then you know the phrase "give up" does not pass through my lips.

Its listed for $8500 with the Corbin stuff and Tors.

Strike the trike comment. Ain't riding a tricycle. The Indian does interest me, some. The new Slingshot it's just too weird. A Ural with a sidecar ? Suggestions ?

Back