Second Triumph, first Rocket

Welcome to the forum. What we need around here is a Roadster wiring diagram. I doubt it's much different than the others but it would be helpful for diagnosing electrical gremlins.

That said it sounds like the switch, not harness is the problem. The rear brake lever switch gets power from the same circuit that powers the horn. Does the horn blow constantly after the button is released? The front brake lever also closes the rear brake switch circuit, so is the light stuck on with the front brake applied? If not then the switch at the rear brake pedal is the culprit. The wiring diagram is a useful tool if you know how to read it.:)

I brought my bonneville (bought used) to them about a yr ago with an oil leaking cam cover. Tried to replace gasket myself but it continued to leak. They fixed it in a timely manner and charged $100 (which I thought was reasonable). So, I felt comfortable in buying from them. I remain hopeful that they will get this problem fixed. If i'm not happy, I've heard good things about Lone Star in Austin. Just another hour or so up the road. Let you know on final verdict in a few weeks.

G'day and welcome from Australia. Disappointing you have a problem already but reassuring the dealer seems to have it under control.

Hello there Corpus Christi, just bought my Rocket in Houston yesterday, from the Rockport, TX area, maybe a get together?

gab8249,
Welcome to the site.
A nice Christmas present huh?
Glad you got one. What model did you get?
We have an annual get together in May in North Carolina called
Rockets across America.
This will be the 7th one.
Search the site for the RAA VII thread.
Also if you introduce yourself in the "Meet the Members" section,
you'll get alot of "welcomes" from the guys and gals here.
But I'll tell ya here since we're already here.
WELCOME from Oklahoma,
skip

Back