Seat With Driver Backrest

Willyone

Supercharged
Ride
2012 HD Road King & 2001 HD Heritage Springer
Is there a company that makes a solo driver seat with a backrest for the 2009 and later Roadster? I checked with Mustang Seats (here in the US), and they do make a solo with a back rest for the Touring, but not for the Roadster.

btw.... I'm still looking for a Rocket, so I don't need the seat right now, but for future reference.

Thanks!! :)

Willy (still seems wrong to be addressing someone like this) You still haven't found the Rocket of your dreams? Is it like finding the right woman? If so, you have to try a few to find the right combination :rolleyes::rolleyes::roll::roll:

Corbin makes solo seats that can accept their backrests.

Thanks WyldCHF. I checked the Corbin web site and yes, they do make a solo driver seat with a backrest for the Roadster!!

Willy (still seems wrong to be addressing someone like this) You still haven't found the Rocket of your dreams? Is it like finding the right woman? If so, you have to try a few to find the right combination :rolleyes::rolleyes::roll::roll:

Aw gee Mr. Codger, no need to get all a'fluster LOL. Willy is some what of a common name here in the US. But I'll tell ya what, if I ever take a trip to your side of the pond I'll introduce myself as Peter .... how's that?!? :D

Yeah still looking for the right Rocket. Cold, snow and nasty here for the next +,-4 months so I have plenty of time to shop.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info gents. I had back surgery several years ago. I put a Mustang solo seat with a backrest on my Road King a few years ago and it helps allot during longer rides. I plan to do the same set up for whatever Rocket I buy.

I have seen somebody modify the Touring Solo seat with the OEM Triumph backrest (also used with the Classic Dual comfort seat) to fit a Roadster. And I believe another well known German custom Rocket owner has customised the Roadster front Rider's seat to mount the Classic Dual comfort Rider's backrest.

A few of us have made our own Rider's backrest to mount using the pillion seat mounting point. In my case I used a pillion seat bracket and modified it to fit so I can either use it with or without the factory pillion as well.

Riders Back Rest

Back