Sad tale from Drazen Drazic on FB

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Author on FB - Drazen Drazic - not me!

So for you guys who followed this story of my new Rocket 3 R, the upshot of the story is that after less than 2 months
of ownership, clutch blowing up, Triumph won't replace the system under warranty. I just got the call.
So I am up for over $2000 in a new system plus labour with the risk that it happens again or I opt to install an after market heavy duty racing clutch. (New bike, less than 2 months old!)
So much for this bike being a Diavel competitor or some sort of real power bike. Not that at 54 years of age I am a hoon. I wonder if the bikes in this video survived it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWf9f4s2LY
You've lost me Triumph.

I had just convinced a few friends also this was their next bike. I'll be telling them to stay clear. I should have stuck with Ducati and the Diavel. At least they cared and never had issues like this with my 2012 Diavel Carbon.

Last edited:
sorry for your troubles, that sucks! what possible reason could they give for not covering the clutch. another fellow on here had his clutch fail also, just wouldn't engage, not sure of his result, clutch was sent back to triumph, seems this is the one that I saw previously, wear item?

Do these bikes have a "black box" ? Just wondering how corporate decides something is or isn't covered by warranty.

Once again I have to say 'you need an attorney' The bike is under warranty, Triumph has commercials pounding on the Rocket continuously. The bike was broken in and had the required service done. Start thrashing. It's Triumphs selling point based on the commercials/videos. There is no doubt I would find a knowledgeable attorney. Triumph says we thrash our bikes but you can't but please buy them. At least call corporate and give them a chance to make it right and then if you have zero results go for the jugular. Just my 2 cents.

Not giving anyone ideas they don't already have.

People refusing to take responsibility for their actions, and wanting to shift blame for bad consequences to anyone away from ourselves, created the introduction of 'black box' into vehicles. Remember the infamous "unintended acceleration" with Audi and Toyota back in the day ?

And irresponsible people apparently have short memories, as shown in the more recent story of the man in the Prius in California, who made national "Breaking" news who having been caught speeding - somehow communicated that the accelerator on the Prius was stuck. He drove some distance, claiming he was pressing the brakes trying to stop, and the national news bit was the hero state patrol officer who maneuvered in front of the Prius, and used the brakes on his vehicle to bring the Prius to a safe stop.

News went quiet for a while.

Car had been impounded, and Toyota was brought in to investigate. All was found nominal, and the black box was telling: the driver had the accelerator floored, and was lightly pressing on the brake pedal enough to trigger the brake lights.

Perhaps @Mighty Mouse remembers what happened to the driver in that case.

And FWIW, +1 for the recommendation to get legal representation.

Corporate brings this on themselves when they don't treat people right.

Last edited:
Back