Rocket Valve Guides

Frocket

.020 Over
Ride
2013 R3R
Hi all, been a while since I have been here. I was wondering if anyone has changed Valve guides on a rocket and if so where they pressed or cast in?

They have valve seals here, is this the same as the valve guide you refer to? Not sure how good the price is, but someone will.

Triumph Rocket III Classic or Roadster 05-13 VITON Valve seals set of 12

Triumph Rocket III Classic or Roadster 05-13 VITON Valve seals set of 12
Price:
US $36.99
Approximately AU $46.04
Buy It Now
Postage:
US $6.97 (approx. AU $8.68) USPS First Class Mail International
This Auction is for a brand new set of 12 VITON valve seals to fit the Triumph Rocket III Classic/Roadster from 2005-2013 yrs. These are some of the best seals on the market!! These are brand new production seals. Viton seals hold up to heat much better than rubber seals with less fricton as well due to 5% teflon. We also have these for most other Motorcycle engines if needed, so check out our other auctions.
Part No:
SSI-TR3VS

He's asking about the steel sleeves that the valve stems ride in. They're either cast or pressed into the aluminium head. Not sure how the Rocket engine is set up in this regard though. May be in the factory service and repair manual?

Thanks @RevRoss I thought they may have been the solid steel sleeves you suggested but had not come across any without searching for them, but had seen these a while ago. You would need a hell of a lot of miles or a damaged engine to need the steel guides I imagine.

After our conversation I thought "I've got some photos some where"
Found them.
I would say that the guides are pressed in.
Head warmed, guides cooled. Drop them in.

B.jpg

C.JPG

Thanks, yes I am chasing the guides. at least we can remove them, that is a good start. A pity a rocket had to die to get those pics.

Thanks, yes I am chasing the guides. at least we can remove them, that is a good start. A pity a rocket had to die to get those pics.

… … and now,after some years,:D did you find the guides that time ? Where ? Price? Did those fit well ? cause I need some too.

The service manual says that “due to assembly methods used, the the valve seats and valve guides cannot be replaced”.
I am not that much a mechanic to no if this is really impossible.

That sounds pretty definitive, but obviously a machinist could bore them out and replace with appropriate size, bit at what cost?

Back