State Farm should change the moniker to "Like a horrible neighbor you want to move from"...sorry they got you too...bastards!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
A guy I ride with had State Farm. Local agent that he had for insurance. This agent made a big deal about keeping pictures of all physical changes and additional bling on this Harley. Custom work, with receipts to keep everyone honest. Total costs AND value listed at $40,000. Totaled bike. " Like a good neighbor" told the owner the companies value for reimbursement was $8,500!!!. My riding buddy chased the agent into his office. From behind a locked door, he told him, " the final check will be $8,000." Why? Because of the deductible...

@scot in exile - I've always marvelled at all the inventors and engineers that came out of Scotland. Russia and Eastern Europe produced a lot of great theorists, but if you actually wanted something built, find a Scot.

A guy I ride with had State Farm. Local agent that he had for insurance. This agent made a big deal about keeping pictures of all physical changes and additional bling on this Harley. Custom work, with receipts to keep everyone honest. Total costs AND value listed at $40,000. Totaled bike. " Like a good neighbor" told the owner the companies value for reimbursement was $8,500!!!. My riding buddy chased the agent into his office. From behind a locked door, he told him, " the final check will be $8,000." Why? Because of the deductible...

Interesting, Progressive valued my 1978 ch750 at $5000, I told my agent no way, I only paid $800, she said the older bikes can cost a lot more to put back together. My only claim in 10 years was my Sprint, they totaled it, sold it back for 500, and gave me more than I paid for it, I briefly considered crashing motorcycles for a living

Geico and Progressive were both fantastic when I had claims with them. Both paid out very quickly and both adjusters accepted everything I told them that needed replacing. Did the price work ups using OEM parts and a check was cut on the spot for parts and a couple of hours of labor to install the replacements.

Cars are of course different but I hope they’re be as amenable.

My apologies to @DEcosse for dropping off the forum while he was so patiently attempting to get me back on the road. ...

Only just saw this - absolutely no apology necessary - sorry to hear of your trouble, but thankfully you're here to write about it.
Hope it all works out - it's a bummer when you have low mileage vehicle - it's almost impossible to replace with similar.

OK so i am now a major cheer leader for GEICO....I was ready to have to fight with them...I bought my 2008 Tacoma in 2010 with 3K miles on it...drove it for 8 years putting 50K miles on it and paid 17,500.00 for it. The adjuster just called and said GEICO would like to give me a check for 21,750.00 for my 10 year old truck. I expected at best high blue book (14,750$) So somehow I made 4,250 dollars after driving the truck for 8 years. Adjuster said I was driving one of the most desirable trucks in the US and that it was in excellent condition with low mileage. It wouldent have been totaled except that rear leaf springs and suspension was on the ground when i got out of the truck.

I guess you dont really know if you have a good insurance company until you need to file a claim...reckon i will stick with these folks. -Doug

Back